Civil Case Law Update – Central Jersey
Date: Feb 10, 2024 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick and Online
Member Price: $172
Non-Member Price: $215
- Hon. John D. O'Dwyer, PJCv
- Hon. Michael V. Cresitello, Jr., PJCv
- Hon. Hany A. Mawla, JAD
- Hon. Brian McLaughlin, JSC
- Hon. James S. Rothschild, Jr., (Ret.)
- Hon. Mara Zazzali-Hogan, JSC
- Diane Cardoso, Esq.
- TREASURER, New Jersey Association For Justice, Inc., NJSBA
Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC, KearnyCertified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, is a Partner in Brady Reilly & Cardoso, LLC in Kearney, New Jersey. She concentrates her practice in civil litigation involving automobile negligence, premises liability, construction site negligence, medical malpractice and legal malpractice.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Ms. Cardoso is First Vice President of the Hudson County Bar Association and Treasurer of the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ). She is a member of the Hudson County Bar Association’s Civil Arbitration Selection and Civil Practice Committees, and is the co-founding Chair of the Association’s Women in Law Section. Ms. Cardoso is Secretary of the American Association for Justice’s Women Trial Lawyer Caucus and is a member of the Board of Governors of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association. She is a 2017-2018 Fellow of the New Jersey State Bar Association Leadership Academy.
Ms. Cardoso was the recipient of the 2021 American Association for Justice Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Excellence in Leadership Award, the 2021 American Association for Justice Distinguished Service Award, the 2017 Professionalism of the Year Award from the Hudson County Bar Association and several other honors. She has lectured for ICLE, the Hudson and Essex County Bar Associations, and the New Jersey Association for Justice.
Ms. Cardoso received her B.A. from Seton Hall University and her J.D. and Certificate in International Law from Pace University School of Law. Upon graduation from law school she served a Judicial Clerkship with the Honorable Dennis F. Carey, III and the Honorable John C. Kennedy, Judges of the Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Louis A. Ruprecht, Esq.
- Ruprecht, Hart, Ricciardulli & Sherman, LLP, Westfield
Our 35th Annual Presentation
New Jersey’s top-rated Civil Case Law Update is back to provide you with the key updates you need to know. Register today to pick up a full year’s worth of strategy and the latest developments you can arm yourself with. Our panel of New Jersey Appellate and Superior Court judges will present a summary and analysis of the key cases you need to know about from the past year. You’ll walk away with a 360-degree understanding of the current civil trial climate, as well as an arsenal of new strategies you can put to work right away in the cases you handle.
If you can only attend one Civil Case Law Review this year, here are 5 reasons why it should be NJICLE’s…
- You’ll hear the same case summaries and analyses presented to New Jersey Superior Court Judges at the November 2023 Judicial College, PLUS a survey of additional important case decisions of 2023 to today.
- You’ll hear an authoritative panel of Appellate and Superior Court judges present differing perspectives on the past year’s key decisions.
- You’ll hear about the practical aspects of these decisions and their impact on your current and future clients from some of the state’s most authoritative plaintiff’s and defense attorneys.
- You’ll hear the most up-to-date review of 2023’s key cases.
- You’ll receive the 2023 NJICLE Civil Case Law Citator which features the key case summaries from the past year.
Additional topics include:
- Civil practice and procedure and evidence
- Immunities and jurisdiction
- Public policy
- Consumer protection judgment and damages