Civil Case Law Update – North Jersey
Date: Jan 27, 2024 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Olde Mill Inn, Basking Ridge
Member Price: $172
Non-Member Price: $215
- Hon. John D. O'Dwyer, PJCv
- Hon. Mark P. Ciarrocca, PJCv
- Hon. Mary K. Costello, PJCh
- Hon. Camille M. Kenny, JSC (Ret.)
- Hon. Arnold L. Natali, Jr., JAD
- Hon. Joseph A. Turula, PJCv
- K. Raja Bhattacharya, Esq.
- SECRETARY, New Jersey Association For Justice, Inc., NJSBA
Bendit Weinstock PA, West Orange
- Patrick B. Minter, Esq.
- Donnelly Minter & Kelly LLC, Morristownis a founding Member of Donnelly, Minter & Kelly, LLC in Morristown, New Jersey, where he concentrates his practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on commercial litigation, professional liability defense, and chancery and probate litigation. He has represented clients in several cases which have resulted in published opinions, including Vastano v. Algeier, 178 N.J. 230 (2003), Hernandez v. Baugh, 401 N.J. Super. 539 (App. Div. 2008) and Marrero v. Feintuch, 418 N.J. Super. 48 (App. Div. 2011).
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, Mr. Minter is a member of the American, New Jersey State and Morris County Bar Associations. He has been Chair of the Morris County Chancery Practice Committee and Co-Chair of the Morris County General Equity Mediation Committee, and is Past Chair of the District X Fee Arbitration Committee. He has served as Chair of the Morris Township Recreation Advisory Committee and on the Morris Township Ethics Board, and lectures for ICLE annually on avoiding legal malpractice and other topics.
Mr. Minter received his B.A., cum laude, from Providence College and his J.D., cum laude, from Widener University School of Law. He is also a graduate of the National Institute of Trial Advocacy’s Intensive Trial Advocacy Program and was Law Clerk to the Honorable Rocco L. D’Ambrosio, J.S.C.
Our 35th Annual Presentation
New Jersey’s top-rated Civil Case Law Update is back to provide you with the key updates you need to know. Register today to pick up a full year’s worth of strategy and the latest developments you can arm yourself with. Our panel of New Jersey Appellate and Superior Court judges will present a summary and analysis of the key cases you need to know about from the past year. You’ll walk away with a 360-degree understanding of the current civil trial climate, as well as an arsenal of new strategies you can put to work right away in the cases you handle.
If you can only attend one Civil Case Law Review this year, here are 5 reasons why it should be NJICLE’s…
- You’ll hear the same case summaries and analyses presented to New Jersey Superior Court Judges at the November 2023 Judicial College, PLUS a survey of additional important case decisions of 2023 to today.
- You’ll hear an authoritative panel of Appellate and Superior Court judges present differing perspectives on the past year’s key decisions.
- You’ll hear about the practical aspects of these decisions and their impact on your current and future clients from some of the state’s most authoritative plaintiff’s and defense attorneys.
- You’ll hear the most up-to-date review of 2023’s key cases.
- You’ll receive the 2023 NJICLE Civil Case Law Citator which features the key case summaries from the past year.
Additional topics include:
- Civil practice and procedure and evidence
- Immunities and jurisdiction
- Public policy
- Consumer protection judgment and damages