2022 Labor and Employment Summer Institute – Day 2
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $130
Non-Member Price: $162
Areas of Law: Labor & Employment
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 6.1 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.2 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: NJ Civil Trial Attorney Credit: 6.1, NJ Ethics: 1.2, NJ General: 4.9).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 1.0, NY Professional Practice Transitional: 4.5|
- Dean L. Burrell, Esq.
- Dean L. Burrell, Esq., Morristown
- Arnold S. Cohen, Esq.
- Oxfeld Cohen PC, Newark
- Lisa K. Barre-Quick, Esq.
- Apruzzese McDermott Mastro & Murphy, Liberty Corner
- Grace A. Byrd, Esq.
- Sills Cummis & Gross, Newark
- Yvette Gibbons, Esq.
- Yvette Gibbons, Esq., South Orange
- Stephanie D. Gironda, Esq.
- Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, Woodbridge
- Elizabeth W. Gramigna, Esq.
- Tribu Partners LLC, Summit
- William P. Hannan, II, Esq.
- Oxfeld Cohen, PC, Newark
- Michael Malatino, Esq.
- Meredith Malatino Law LLC, HACKENSACK
- Kathleen McLeod Caminiti, Esq.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP, Murray Hill
- Gail Oxfeld Kanef, Esq.
- TREASURER, Labor and Employment Law Section, NJSBA
Oxfeld Cohen PC, Newark
- Claudia Reis, Esq.
- Lenzo & Reis, LLC, Morristown
- Saulo Santiago, Esq.
- NLRB, Newark
- John L. Shahdanian, II, Esq.
- Trenk Isabel Siddiqi & Shahdanian, Hackensack
- Robert T. Szyba, Esq.
- Seyfarth Shaw, New Yorkis a Partner in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP in New York City, where he defends and counsels employers in a wide range of employment-related issues, including background check and Fair Credit Reporting Act violations, “ban the box” issues, prevailing wage requirements, wage and hour compliance, whistleblower retaliation, family and medical leave compliance and interference/retaliation claims, paid sick leave, and discrimination/harassment. He also advises clients on preventive employment counseling, pre-litigation strategy and litigation avoidance, alternate dispute resolution and mandatory arbitration programs, and employment policies and procedures.
nAdmitted to practice in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, Mr. Szyba serves on the Executive Committee of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He has been Co-Chair of the Ethics & Professional Responsibility Subcommittee of the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section’s Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee.
nMr. Szyba has served on the Alumni Advisory Board of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and as a member of the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court. He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s New Jersey Labor & Employment Law Quarterly and has lectured for ICLE, NELA-NJ, the American and New York State Bar Associations, and other organizations.
nMr. Szyba received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Berklee College of Music and his J.D., cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and a member of Hofstra’s Moot Court Association.
- Stephen E. Trimboli, Esq.
- Trimboli & Prusinowski LLC, Morristown
- Hop Wechsler, Esq.
- Selikoff & Cohen PA, Mount Laurel
- Leonard J. Witman, Esq.
- Witman Stadtmauer PA, Florham Park
Day 2 of this Institute provides a comprehensive overview of labor and employment law. Newly admitted and seasoned attorneys seeking to expand their practices will benefit from attending, as well as corporate, commercial, civil rights, insurance, and workers’ compensation lawyers and general practitioners. The conference provides a comprehensive overview of substantive labor and employment law and features practical insights and perspectives on handling labor and employment matters. You will learn about the critical areas of L&E practice and will learn from the state’s leading employment and labor law practitioners about the key strategies you need to use to get the best results for the clients you represent. It is truly an opportunity to learn from the masters. You’ll come away with a deeper understanding of the law, plus gain practical tips and effective techniques you can use right away in your practice.