2023 Labor and Employment Law Forum
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $212
Non-Member Price: $265
Areas of Law: Labor & Employment
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 7.6 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.2 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: NJ Civil Trial Attorney Credit: 7.6, NJ Ethics: 1.2, NJ General: 6.4).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 1.0, NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 6.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 1.0, PA Substantive Credit: 5.0
$24.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Domenick Carmagnola, Esq.
- Carmagnola & Ritardi LLC, Morristown
- Yvette Gibbons, Esq.
- Yvette Gibbons, Esq., South Orange
- Robert T. Szyba, Esq.
- Seyfarth Shaw, New Yorkis a Partner in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP in New York City, where he defends and counsels employers in a wide range of employment-related issues, including background check and Fair Credit Reporting Act violations, “ban the box” issues, prevailing wage requirements, wage and hour compliance, whistleblower retaliation, family and medical leave compliance and interference/retaliation claims, paid sick leave, and discrimination/harassment. He also advises clients on preventive employment counseling, pre-litigation strategy and litigation avoidance, alternate dispute resolution and mandatory arbitration programs, and employment policies and procedures.
nAdmitted to practice in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, Mr. Szyba serves on the Executive Committee of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He has been Co-Chair of the Ethics & Professional Responsibility Subcommittee of the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section’s Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee.
nMr. Szyba has served on the Alumni Advisory Board of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and as a member of the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court. He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s New Jersey Labor & Employment Law Quarterly and has lectured for ICLE, NELA-NJ, the American and New York State Bar Associations, and other organizations.
nMr. Szyba received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Berklee College of Music and his J.D., cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and a member of Hofstra’s Moot Court Association.
- Hon. Peter F. Bariso, Jr.
- Hon. Ronald J. Hedges
- is Senior Counsel for Dentons in New York City and a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He has extensive experience in e-discovery and the management of complex civil litigation matters, and has served as a special master, arbitrator and mediator. He also consults on the management and discovery of electronically stored information (ESI).
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Texas and the District of Columbia, and before several federal courts, Judge Hedges is a former United States Magistrate Judge in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1986-2007), where he was the Compliance Judge for the Court Mediation Program, a member of the Lawyers Advisory Committee, and a member of and reporter for the Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Committee. A member of the Advisory Group of Magistrate Judges from 2001-2005, he has also been a member of the American Law Institute, the American and Federal Bar Associations, and the Historical Society and the Lawyers Advisory Committee of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. Judge Hedges has served on the Sedona Conference Judicial Advisory Board; the Sedona Conference Working Group on Protective Orders, Confidentiality, and Public Access; and the Sedona Conference Working Group on Best Practices for Electronic Document Retention & Protection. He has also been a member of the Advisory Board of the Advanced E-Discovery Institute of Georgetown University Law Center. He is a former Fellow at the Center for Information Technology of Princeton University and has been a member of the College of the State Bar of Texas.
nJudge Hedges has been an adjunct professor at Rutgers School of Law-Newark and is a former adjunct professor at Georgetown University Law Center and Seton Hall University School of Law, where he has taught courses on electronic discovery and evidence and mediation skills. He is the author of “Rule 26(f): The Most Important E-Discovery Rule” (New Jersey Law Journal, 5/18/2009) and has authored, edited and co-edited a number of other publications on ESI topics including Discovery of Electronically Stored Information: Surveying the Legal Landscape (BNA, 2007). He is the principal author of the third edition of the Federal Judicial Center’s Pocket Guide for Judges on Discovery of Electronic Information.
nJudge Hedges received his B.A. from the University of Maryland and his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center.
- Nicole Demuro, Esq.
- O'Toole Scrivo, Cedar Grove
- Stephanie D. Gironda, Esq.
- Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, Woodbridge
- Jesse Grasty, Esq.
- NUKK-FREEMAN & CERRA PC, CHATHAM
- Leonard V. Jones, Esq.
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Roney PC, Newarkis a civil litigation attorney and associate with Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney P.C. in Newark, New Jersey, and New York City, where he focuses his practice in complex civil and employment litigation, including representing individual, business and public entity clients in state and federal courts. He has also served as an Assistant Prosecutor with the Union County Prosecutor's Office, prosecuting cases involving narcotics, violent crimes and economic crimes.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, Mr. Jones was appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to a four-year term as a Member of the District XII Fee Arbitration Committee and is a member of the New Jersey State, Garden State and Union County Bar Associations. He is a member of several sections and committees of the New Jersey State Bar Association, including the Diversity Committee, Minorities in the Profession Section, Civil Trial Bar Section and Federal Practice and Procedure Section, as well as the Young Lawyers Division. He is also a member of the Union County Bar Association Diversity, Inclusion & the Elimination of Bias Committee and the Program Committee of the Sidney Reitman American Inn of Court.
nMr. Jones received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Seton Hall University, his Masters in Public Administration from Seton Hal University and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law, where he was the recipient of the Eagleton Institute of Politics Governor’s Executive Fellowship. He clerked for the Honorable James P. Wilson, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Division, Union Vicinage.
- Adam Kleinfeldt, Esq.
- Deutsch Atkins, Hackensack
- Stacy Landau, Esq.
- Stacy Landau, Esq.
- Phillip Lipari
- Nukk-Freeman & Cerra, PC
- Susan L. Nardone, Esq.
- Gibbons PC, Newark
- Steven W. Suflas, Esq.
- Holland & Hart LLP, Salt Lake City
- Heidi R. Weintraub, Esq.
- Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins, P., Voorhees
- Stephanie J. Wilson, Esq.
- Reed Smith, LLP, Princeton