Data Privacy and Cybersecurity for Lawyers
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $140
Non-Member Price: $175
Areas of Law: For All Attorneys
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 2.4).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Cybersecurity General Transitional: 2.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 2.0
$8.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
Join this informative program in learning about what Data Breach is. Learn the difference between Data Privacy and Cybersecurity and fulfill the new NY CLE Requirement on Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection
- Learning the importance of a data breach and how to avoid it.
- Understand the fundamental issues of securely sending, receiving, and storing client and law office electronic data and communication.
- Identify and be aware of cybersecurity threats affecting clients, legal professionals, and legal organizations.
- Hear from the experts on the Third Circuit decision Clemens v. ExecuPharm, and other applicable 2nd Circuit decisions and NY law
- Know the applicable laws relating to cybersecurity, data breach notification laws, other federal, state and local laws, as well as, administrative rules and regulations.
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations relating to privacy and data protection.
- Discussion of the New York SHIELD Act (New York “Stop Hacks and Improve Electronic Data Security” Act) and pending legislation before the NJ Legislature.