Ethical Cliffhangers for Trial Attorneys
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $200
Non-Member Price: $250
Areas of Law: Ethics
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit, including 4.0 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: NJ Ethics: 4.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 4.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 2.0, PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
$20.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
Litigators face a unique set of ethical dilemmas, including issues involving multiparty representation, gathering of evidence, issues concerning attorneys’ fees and issues arising when conducting proceedings remotely. If these are issues that are not dealt with according to the Rules of Professional Conduct, both the litigator and the client are at risk.
With this timely program, a panel of respected judges and practitioners will discuss recent cases from around the country and provide insight on how to handle ethical situations often confronted by litigators. You will come away with a heightened awareness of how to spot and deal with some of the ethical issues that come up during the course of trials and hearings before tribunals.
INCLUDES A ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION OF THE RULES OF CONDUCT AS APPLIED TO:
- The courtroom
- Ethical obligations in discovery
- Co-defendant representation and conflicts
- Working with expert witnessesSettlement Negotiations
- Dealing with difficult adversaries
- Erosion of the attorney-client privilege
- Issues raised by the intersection of technology and the practice of law- i.e. potential discoverability of electronic documents, client e-mails and the like
- Concerns when conducting hearings, trials and depositions remotely
- and more!