How to Try a Civil Rights Case
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $188
Non-Member Price: $235
Areas of Law: Civil
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 3.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 3.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 2.5
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
A wide range of issues may arise when you handle NJ Civil Rights cases. This program will provide you with a working knowledge of the practical tools that exist to help you evaluate, plan, and execute claims in Section 1983 civil rights proceedings.
- What factual situations give rise to a civil rights case?
- Applicable law
- Elements of the claim
- Affirmative defenses/Immunities/defenses
- Federal v. State court
- Depositions and interrogatories- questions to defeat any summary judgment motion
- Using experts for liability and causation
- Looking at internal affairs
- Settlement negotiations
- Trial tips
- Practical approach and real-world considerations when handling these claims
- ... and more!