Let’s Talk Title – Understanding and Exploring Title Issues
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $200
Non-Member Price: $250
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 4.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Transitional: 4.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
Title issues arise at different times in the residential real estate transaction. Title insurance, surveys and the title commitment are all spots a lawyer must look for a title issue. The issues themselves range from acquisition of real property, ownership interests, the effect of encumbrances, restrictions, and easements on title to judgements, mortgages, and foreclosure issues.
- The difference between title insurance and marketability of title
- What is covered under the standard title insurance contract?
- What is an exception? How do you exclude an exception?
- Surveys and their impact on title
- How claims develop and how they are processed
- The extent you can rely on a title insurance commitment
- the title companies’ duty to defend
- whether or not closing attorneys and agents can be held liable
- How to intervene in a Tax Sale Foreclosure action
- and more...