Surrogates’ and Probate Judges’ Roundtable 2023 (Video)
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $200
Non-Member Price: $250
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.0 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: NJ Ethics: 1.0, NJ General: 3.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 1.0, NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 3.0, PA Substantive Credit: 2.5|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 0.5
$4.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Hon. Margaret M. McVeigh, PJCh (Ret.)
- is Of Counsel to DeMarco & DeMarco in North Haledon, New Jersey. She formerly served as Presiding Judge, Chancery Division, General Equity Part, Passaic County vicinage, and sat in Paterson, New Jersey, where her responsibilities included the General Equity Part, Probate and Foreclosure. She has also served in Special Civil Part and the Family and Civil Divisions.
nPrior to her appointment to the bench, Judge McVeigh had a diverse practice litigating in both state and federal courts. She has been Chair of the Conference of General Equity Judges and of the Special Committee to Study Guardianship Monitoring, and has served on the Judiciary Surrogates Liaison and Civil Practice Committees. Judge McVeigh has also served on the Supreme Court Committees on Alternate Dispute Resolution, Women in the Courts and Special Civil Part. A member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, she is a former Officer and Trustee of the Passaic County Bar Association.
nJudge McVeigh is a founding member of the Robert Clifford American Inns of Court and has served on its Board of Directors. She was an Adjunct Professor at Montclair State University and is the recipient of ICLE’s Distinguished Service Award.
nJudge McVeigh is a graduate of Mary Washington College and Seton Hall Law School.
- Hon. Mary K. Costello
- Hon. Paula T. Dow
- April Fronduto-Slavin
- Bergen County Surrogate's Court, Hackensack
- Bernice Jalloh, Esq.
- Jalloh & Jalloh LLC
- Kristi Jasberg Robinson, Esq.
- Administrative Office of the Courts, Trentonserves as Chief, Civil Practice Liaison, Civil Practice Division of the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts in Trenton, New Jersey. Her responsibilities include overseeing the New Jersey Judiciary Guardianship Monitoring Program and serving as AOC staff to several statewide Judiciary conferences and committees devoted to probate, chancery and civil litigation issues. Prior to joining the AOC in August 2011, she worked as an attorney in private practice and in her most recent role as a staff attorney at Dechert LLP in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, managed large-scale electronic discovery review and production in mass torts and product liability matters.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Ms. Robinson has been a member of the National and Mid-Atlantic Associations for Court Management. She has served as a panelist for continuing legal education courses on guardianship and other topics, and was a workgroup member and contributor to the National Association for Court Management’s 2013-2014 Adult Guardianship Guide.
nMs. Robinson received her undergraduate degree from Hofstra University and her J.D. from Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law, where she was a member of the Moot Court Board.
- M. Susan Sheppard
- M. Susan Sheppard, Atlantic City
Probate practice can be complicated, especially because of the consequences of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Who better to navigate you than a panel full of Surrogates and Judges? This program will provide even experienced attorneys with invaluable insight from a judicial perspective. Hear from the very people making the decisions in your Probate matters as to what you should and should not be doing. You’ll get a complete overview of what has changed since the Pandemic started and what’s coming next. This is truly a can’t miss program for every attorney that has a Probate practice!
- Judiciary Initiatives
- Guardianship Monitoring Program Update
- Surrogate’s Court Functions
- Superior Court Functions
- Emergent applications
- What’s going on with filings and docketing
- How adjournments are being handled
- The good and the bad that the Surrogates and Judges are seeing
- Common problems and lawyer mistakes
- Recent case law
- Upcoming issues
- And more!