Tax Foreclosure Update 2022
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $192
Non-Member Price: $240
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4.5 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.0 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: NJ Ethics: 1.0, NJ General: 3.5).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 1.0, NY Professional Practice Transitional: 3.5|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 0.5, PA Substantive Credit: 2.5
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Keith A. Bonchi, Esq.
- Goldenberg, Mackler, Sayegh, Mintz, Pfeffer, Bonch, Northfield
- Deborah Feldstein, Esq.
- Pellegrino & Feldstein, LLC, Denvilleis Managing Partner of Pellegrino & Feldstein, Inc. in Denville, New Jersey, where she focuses in civil litigation, real estate and bankruptcy matters, and is experienced in all phases of residential real estate including acquisitions and sales, drafting and negotiating contracts of sale, preparing and reviewing mortgage loan documents, and performing survey and title review for all real estate transactions. She is also responsible for municipal tax lien foreclosures, including reviewing all title work and drafting pleadings, along with providing legal advice to real estate investment companies regarding municipal tax liens.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania, Ms. Feldstein previously worked for Municipal Employees Legal Services in New York City, where she represented city employees in bankruptcy and real estate matters. She has participated in estate planning seminars to educate the public.
nMs. Feldstein received her B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Delaware and her J.D. from Widener University School of Law, where she was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Wills and Trusts.
- Adam D. Greenberg, Esq.
- Honig & Greenberg LLC, Cherry Hillis the Managing Member of Honig & Greenberg, L.L.C. in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, where he concentrates his practice in tax and mortgage foreclosure, real property and title litigation, and creditor’s rights in bankruptcy. He represents certificate holders, municipalities, bankruptcy trustees, lenders, landlords, and foreclosure buyers and sellers, in matters throughout the state, as well as in transactional matters involving the purchase and sale of portfolios of tax sale certificates and their use as collateral in commercial settings.
nMr. Greenberg is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Tax Lien Association as well as a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Bankruptcy Law, Real Property and Municipal Court Practice Sections. He has lectured for ICLE, the Tax Collector and Treasurers Association of New Jersey (TCTA-NJ), the National Tax Lien Association and other organizations, and has contributed to the New Jersey Judicial College’s course on tax sale certificates presented to the chancery judges.
nMr. Greenberg is a graduate of The American University and received his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law-Camden.
- Sharon A. Lorenzini
- Goldenberg, Mackler, Northfield
- Sven Erik Pfahlert, Esq.
- Administrative Office of the Courts, Cherry Hillis an attorney with the New Jersey Administrative Office of the Courts, Office of Foreclosure, Superior Court Clerk’s Office, in Trenton, New Jersey. He concentrates his practice in civil litigation.
nMr. Pfahlert is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. He has been a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
nMr. Pfahlert received his B.A. from Old Dominion University and his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law-Camden.
- Anthony L. Velasquez, Esq
- Anthony L. Velasquez, Esq., Brickis corporate counsel to Tryko Partners, LLC in Brick, New Jersey, a real estate investment company specializing in residential housing and tax lien investments. Within the Tryko family of companies, he has represented the largest tax lien holders in New Jersey, including Trystone Capital Assets, LLC; Public Tax Investments, LLC; FNA Jersey BOI, LLC; KKR Holdings, LLC; and FNA Jersey Lien Services, LLC.
nMr. Velasquez is admitted to practice in New Jersey and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining Trystone in 2014, he was in private practice for 15 years and concentrated in tax liens, municipal entity representation, government contracts and commercial litigation. He has been an Adjunct Professor at the College of New Jersey and his articles have appeared in HW Quarterly and other publications.
nMr. Velasquez received his B.A. from The College of New Jersey, his M.S. in Public Policy from The Eagleton Institute of Politics, Rutgers University, and his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law-Camden.
This program will bring you up to date on the latest developments in tax foreclosure practice. You’ll pick up practical new strategies as well as information on current issues that are being decided by the courts relating to tax sale foreclosure, including an up-to-the- minute discussion of New Jersey statutes and case law. You’ll also hear a comprehensive review of how to foreclose a tax sale certificate purchased by an investor.
- Client considerations
- Office of Foreclosure policy and procedure
- Overview of the tax sale law
- Nuts & bolts of foreclosure
- Special tax sales
- Bankruptcy considerations
- Priority of lien issues
- Recent cases