Workers’ Compensation Update 2022
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $188
Non-Member Price: $235
Areas of Law: Workers' Compensation
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 4.0, Workers Compensation Attorney-General: 4.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 4.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Ann P. DeBellis, Esq.
- New Jersey Manfacturers Insurance Group, West Trenton
- Richard Rubenstein, Esq.
- Rothenberg, Rubenstein, Berliner & Shinrod, Livingston
- Mark B. Zirulnik, Esq.
- Mark B. Zirulnik, Esq., Scotch Plains
Just in time for Labor Day! Join a panel of experienced Workers’ Compensation practitioners as they provide you with updates on new court decisions and pending legislation that will be important to your practice as the leaves start to turn. From rate adequacy to rebuttable presumptions in COVID-19 claims, insurance coverage gaps to workplace violence, these are challenging times. The speakers will provide information and tips that will help you navigate the challenges ahead.
• Ripp vs. County of Hudson – unreasonable delay in payment of settlement proceeds
• In The Matter of Thalia Tretsis Middlesex County, Sheriff’s Office – the weight given to functional capacity examinations in determining whether an employee was properly dismissed from their job for their inability to perform basic job functions
• Assembly Bill A2886 - which would provide employment protections for paid first responders diagnosed with work-related post-traumatic stress disorder
• Assembly Bill A3511- which would require every workers’ compensation, PIP and health insurance carrier to provide coverage for medical cannabis
• Assembly Bill A161 - Revises workers' compensation coverage for certain injuries to volunteer and professional public safety and law enforcement personnel
• Looking ahead under the new Director
• Developing a method for resolving COVID-19 claims: Strategic tips
• The Gig Economy – Issues involved when a worker for Lyft, Door Dash and similar businesses is injured on the job