2023 Estate Planning College
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $220
Non-Member Price: $275
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 6.5 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 6.5).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 6.5|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 5.0
$20.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Judson M. Stein, Esq
- McCarter & English, LLP, Newark
- Lauren M. Ahern, Esq.
- Greenbaum, Rowe, Smith & Davis LLP, Lincroft
- Andrew J. DeMaio, Esq.
- Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, P.A., Red Bank
- Susan K. Dromsky-Reed, Esq.
- Brach Eichler LLC, Roseland
- Lawrence A. Friedman, Esq.
- Friedman Law, BridgewaterCertified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA-accredited National Elder Law Foundation, is in private practice in Bridgewater, New Jersey. He concentrates his practice in elder and special needs law; government aid; Wills, trusts, estates and tax law, including the preparation of estate and tax planning documents such as Wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives; nursing home and long-term care planning; guardianships; Medicaid, Medicare and other government programs; special needs trusts to protect disability aid in gift and estate planning; personal injury; divorce settlements; Medicare set-aside arrangements; Division of Developmental Disabilities concerns and other legal matters.
nMr. Friedman is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, and before the United States Tax Court. Past Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association's Elder and Disability Law Section and a member of the Association’s Real Property, Trusts & Estates Law Section, he has served as a Director of Somerset ARC (formerly the Association for Retarded Citizens) and has been a member of the New Jersey Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), the Planned Lifetime Assistance Network of New Jersey and the Malaria Foundation.
nThe author of scores of articles in his areas of expertise, Mr. Friedman is a frequent lecturer for ICLE, the New Jersey State Bar Association and Foundation, NAELA, several elder and disability groups, and other public and private sponsors. He is a recipient of ICLE’s Distinguished Service Award, the NJSBA’s Distinguished Legislative Service Award for drafting legislation that facilitates the use of special needs trusts and the PLAN/NJ Life Planning Partner Award. Mr. Friedman founded the NJSBA’s annual Elder Law Retreat, a two-day educational symposium for elder law attorneys, and has moderated the ICLE’s Sophisticated Elder Law program for 25 years. Copies of his many legal articles and further information on his credentials appear at SpecialNeedsNJ.com, and he also administers the website’s frequently-updated blog.
nMr. Friedman received his B.A. from the State University of New York-Binghamton (Harpur College), where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and served on the University Assembly. He received his J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation from New York University School of Law, where he was Editor of the N.Y.U. Journal of International Law & Politics and a Student Fellow of the Center for International Studies. He also received awards from the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Environmental Law Essay Contest and the American Society of International Law Essay Contest.
- Gary A. Prince, Jr., Esq.
- Mantell Prince & Reynolds PC, Basking Ridge
- Tara Sinha, Esq.
- Witman Stadtmauer PA, Florham Park
New Jersey’s top estate planning program for attorneys looking to expand into estate planning - or for those who are just starting out.
Get The Knowledge & Strategies You Need
Estate planning has become much more complicated than just writing a will, having the client sign it and filing it away until the client needs it. This intensive program will delve into the critical details of estate planning you need to know, making you aware of things to consider, and providing you with a roadmap that you can use in your practice to create a successful estate plan.
This college is especially effective for attorneys just starting out, or those that do not have a mentor that can provide them with guidance. You will come away with a broad understanding of what’s involved in working with clients. While you may have learned many of the topics in law school, our panel of presenters will provide you with the practical foundation you need to practice effectively and with confidence in a real-world setting.