A Lawyer’s Guide to Managing Multiple Priorities
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $161
Non-Member Price: $202
Areas of Law: For All Attorneys
|NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3.3 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 3.3).
|NY CLE (t&nt):
|NY Practice Management Non-Transitional: 3.0
|PA Substantive Credit: 2.5
New: No PACLE fee is required for this program. To earn PA CLE credits, a valid PA Bar ID number must be entered into the CLE form provided after attending the program.
- Maritza Rodriguez, Esq.
- Rodriguez Law Firm LLC, Newark
- Thomas F. Blaisse, MA
- TFB Consulting, Harrisburg
Lack of effective time management habits can decrease a lawyer’s overall effectiveness and cause stress at home and at work. Managing Multiple Priorities will help you to focus on “what matters most;” increase personal productivity and maintain work/life balance.
You can tell a person's true priorities by looking at their calendar and their checkbook. How we decide to spend our time is a function of what we really value the most. The roles and expectations that we have accepted in life should drive the goals we set and the tasks we place on our daily "To Do" list. Managing time is, therefore, really a matter of controlling the "events" of our lives that will contribute most to our overall productivity.
Tom has shared these concepts with more than 1,800 audiences, helping them understand how to take control of the things they can control and let go of the things they can't.
Join Tom and moderator Maritza Rodríguez as they look into the true nature of time management. They will help you identify aspects of your personality that influence the way you manage your time. You will take away practical tips on how to prioritize, organize, delegate and minimize interruptions so you can devote more time to serving clients and developing new ones - while being less stressed and more effective in the process.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Review your tasks and analyze them to determine which should have priority
- Learn to focus on what matters most to you
- Organize your schedule - including daily and hourly planning, and using do-not-disturb project time
- Learn to be more assertive in protecting your time
- Minimize interruptions and adapt to changing needs
- Delegate more effectively
- Conduct efficient meetings
- Follow the 12 steps to staying organized
- Set weekly goals and prioritize daily tasks