Collection Practice in New Jersey From Start to Finish
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $184
Non-Member Price: $230
Areas of Law: Civil, Young Lawyers Division
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ Civil Trial Attorney Credit: 4.0, NJ General: 4.0, NJ New Admit Civil or Criminal: 4.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Transitional: 4.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Gerard J. Felt, Esq.
- Pressler Felt & Warshaw LLP, Parsippanyis a Partner in Pressler, Felt & Warshaw, LLP in Parsippany, New Jersey, where he has concentrated his practice in legal collections for 30 years. He has also promoted and fought legislation involving legal collections and collection practices.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey, Mr. Felt has been a member of the New Jersey State and Morris County Bar Associations, the Commercial Law League, the New Jersey American Collection Association and the National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys (NARCA). He has been President of the New Jersey Creditors Bar Association. He has sat on the Board of Directors of the Consumer Credit Association of Metropolitan New York and is a member of the Commercial Lawyers Bar. A founder and the Chief Administrator of the New Jersey Creditors Bar Association, Mr. Felt has been a member of the New Jersey Association of Collection Agencies and has served as Chair and Legislative Liaison for the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Special Civil Part Committee. He has served as a member of the Supreme Court Rules Committee on the Special Civil Part and has been appointed to the Supreme Court Special Advisory Committee on Information Technology.
nA long-time lecturer for ICLE’s Skills and Methods Course on Collection Practice, Mr. Felt has also lectured for the New Jersey State Bar Association, Lorman Education Services and the New Jersey Judicial College Conference on Best Practices in the Special Civil Part. He was a panelist on the Supreme Court’s Workshop on Post Judgment Enforcement and has testified before State Legislative bodies as the Special Civil Part representative for the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey Creditors Bar Association.
nMr. Felt received his B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany and his J.D. from Ohio Northern University.
- Hon. William Anklowitz
- Richard S. Eichenbaum, Esq.
- Richard S. Eichenbaum, P.C., Park Ridge
- Catherine Finnerty, Esq.
- Goldman & Beslow, LLC, East Orangeis an associate with Goldman & Beslow, LLC with offices in East Orange, Newark, Paterson and Jersey City, New Jersey. She devotes a substantial portion of her practice to bankruptcy and debtor-creditor negotiations and handles all issues pertaining to Chapter 7, Chapter 13, foreclosure defense and mediation, debt collection defense, debtor-creditor negotiations and consumer representation. In addition to bankruptcy and debtor-creditor law, Ms. Finnerty has experience in real estate matters, simple Wills, powers of attorney, living wills, and municipal court matters involving traffic tickets, disorderly persons offenses, and violations of municipal ordinances. She also represents clients in residential real estate transactions, and has experience helping property owners who desire to sell their property via short sale, are at risk of foreclosure, or who cannot make their mortgage payments.
nAdmitted to practice law in New Jersey and New York, and before the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, Ms. Finnerty has been a member of the American and New York State Bar Associations and the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association. She has been a member of the NJSBA Bankruptcy Law and Women in the Profession Sections, and is Secretary of the Solo and Small Firm Section. Ms. Finnerty is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys and the American Bankruptcy Institute. She has also volunteered with South Jersey Legal Services, Legal Services of New Jersey and the Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, and represents clients throughout their entire bankruptcy cases.
nMs. Finnerty received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Barnard College, Columbia University, where she was the recipient of the New York Building Industry Scholarship and the Eugene Raskin Prizer for Spanish. She received her J.D. from New York University School of Law, where she was a member of the Law Review and the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Torts.
- Dawn Shirre Hines
- Dawn Shirre Hines, Lawnside
Every case boils down to a collection. At this basic program you will learn how to navigate the New Jersey court system to collect money for your client. If you follow proven, step by step procedures, you will be able to collect outstanding debts and develop a sense of “finality” that brings both you and your client satisfaction.
This very practical program features some of New Jersey’s leading collection attorneys, the Honorable William Anklowitz, Chair of the New Jersey Supreme Court Special Civil Part Practice Committee, and a court officer.
Don’t miss this opportunity to increase your ability to collect debts in New Jersey. You will receive a digital seminar handbook packed with useful forms, checklists and other valuable materials that will expedite the debt collect
Together they will address topics of collection practice including:
- Filing the claim
- Understanding the different court levels in which claims can be brought
- The collection lawsuit
- What you can levy upon
- Post judgment discovery and techniques