Financially Managing Your Firm
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $200
Non-Member Price: $250
Areas of Law: For All Attorneys
|NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 4.0).
|NY CLE (t&nt):
|NY Practice Management Transitional: 4.0
|PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
New: No PACLE fee is required for this program. To earn PA CLE credits, a valid PA Bar ID number must be entered into the CLE form provided after attending the program.
- Robyn E. Ross, Esq.
- Ross & Calandrillo, LLC, MountainsideCertified as a Matrimonial Law Attorney by the Supreme Court of New Jersey, is a founder of Ross & Calandrillo, LLC in Mountainside, New Jersey, where she practices exclusively in family law. She is also an approved family law mediator pursuant to the New Jersey Court Rule.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey, Ms. Ross is a member of the New Jersey State and Union County Bar Associations, and is Past Co-Chair of the Essex County Bar Association’s Family Law Executive Committee. She is a trained volunteer for the Jersey Battered Women’s Service, has served on the New Jersey Supreme Court Committee on Character and is a former member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District XB Ethics Committee. She has provided service to the Early Settlement Panel programs in Essex and Morris counties and is the recipient of several honors.
nMs. Ross received her B.S. from The College of New Jersey (formerly Trenton State College) and her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Hubert Klein
- Eisneramper, LLP, Iselin
- Peter R. Spirgel, Esq
- Lex Nova Law, LLC, Marlton
- Cheryl Marks Young
- Creative Blueprints for Leaders
While you are busy practicing and excelling in your chosen area of law, knowing how to maximize the business of your law firm is also critical to its success. Gain the guidance you need to understand law firm finance and how to plan, organize, direct and control the financial operations of a law firm. With these tools in hand, you will be able to amplify your firm’s opportunities for growth, profitability and client value.
Our panel will help you develop solid financial practices and acquire the proficiency you need to set targets for the year, establish standard budgets, and determine billable time and rates. They will also discuss how to use the right accounting systems to help you with your financial targets and will answer your specific questions.
Join us to discover how to run a profitable law practice and thrive in today’s competitive environment.
- 9:00 - Welcome and Introductions
- 9:05 - Law Firm Financial Management 101: A Concise Introduction
- Gain a brief overview of what is involved in law firm financial management, why it is important and why it is vital to your firm’s revenue and growth
- 9:15 - Creating a Law Firm Business Strategy and Financial Plan for Today’s Shifting Landscape
- How are your practice area and your firm unique?
- What trends and market factors do you need to consider?
- What key elements should your financial plan contain?
- Determining the key business opportunities that you are missing: valuable strategies
- Identifying whether you need to staff up or down
- 10:00 - Budgeting and Bookkeeping: Financial Reporting Fundamentals for Your Law Firm
- Crafting realistic and attainable budgets: assessing revenue and expenses
- Keeping track of finances: understanding Cash Flow and other critical financial statements
- Reducing the risk of confirmation bias and group-think when scrutinizing at variances
- 10:45 - Break
- 10:55 - Developing Long-Term Financial Goals and Strategies
- What data and best practices should you use to generate strong financial projections?
- How do you assess the reliability of information?
- Profitability analysis
- 11:25 - Accurately Monitoring Your Law Firm’s Performance Using Key Performance Indicators
- Which law firm financial metrics are most important to examine in today’s competitive environment?
- Commonly used monetary and non-monetary KPIS for law firms: analyzing the growth of your firm
- 11:55 - Financial Management Software: Assessing Your Options to Maximize Positive Impact
- Join this panel for a thoughtful roundtable discussion on technology and software that can help you with financial planning, practice management and law firm profitability.
- 12:20 - Questions and Answer Session and Wrap Up
- 12:30 - Adjourn