Let’s Talk Title: Exploring Title Issues in RE Transactions
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $180
Non-Member Price: $225
Areas of Law: Real Estate
|NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 4.0).
|NY CLE (t&nt):
|NY Professional Practice Transitional: 4.0
|PA Substantive Credit: 3.0
New: No PACLE fee is required for this program. To earn PA CLE credits, a valid PA Bar ID number must be entered into the CLE form provided after attending the program.
- Evan N. Pickus, Esq.
- Pickus & Landsberg, East Brunswick
- Scott K. Sumner, Esq.
- Vice President & New Jersey State Manager
FNTG Direct Operations, Hackensack
Title issues arise at different times in the residential real estate transaction. Title insurance, surveys and the title commitment are all spots a lawyer must look for a title issue. The issues themselves range from acquisition of real property, ownership interests, the effect of encumbrances, restrictions and easements on title to judgements, mortgages, and foreclosure issues.
Who Should Attend
- Real estate practitioners
- General practitioners
- New lawyers
- Title agency personnel
- Real estate brokers and agents
Join us at this important seminar as we tackle topics such as:
- The difference between title insurance and marketability of title
- What is covered under the standard title insurance contract?
- What is an exception? How do you exclude an exception?
- Surveys and their impact on title
- How claims develop and how they are processed
- The extent you can rely on a title insurance commitment
- the title companies’ duty to defend
- whether or not closing attorneys and agents can be held liable
- How to intervene in a Tax Sale Foreclosure action