Youth Sports Law
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $160
Non-Member Price: $200
Areas of Law: School
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.4 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 2.4).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 2.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 2.0
$8.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- John C. Macce, Esq.
- Macce & Cresti, PC, Clinton
- William S. Bloom, Esq.
- Methfessel & Werbel, Edison
- Brian Heyesey, Esq.
- Brian Heyesey, Esq., Lincroft
- Lester E. Taylor, Esq.
- Florio Perrucci Steinhardt Cappelli Tipton & Taylo, New Providence
As Little League and township soccer leagues start up for the spring season, and as students are submitting their health and physical forms to schools for clearance to participate in school sports, NJICLE offers this timely program on youth sports law. The program is designed to heighten awareness and sharpen your ability to handle cases involving injuries sustained in a youth sports activity. These injuries can take place on township athletic fields, indoor facilities, school tracks and fields, and in school gyms as well.
- Recreational youth sports liability in New Jersey
- Statutory immunities and exceptions
- Participant v. spectator injuries
- Review of important recent case law, including
Mesar v. Bound Brook Board of Education
Dennehy v. East Windsor Regional Board of Education
- The importance of training trainers and coaches
- Youth Sports Law and Schools
NJSIAA Role and Functions
Residence and eligibility issues
Sportsmanship issues and penalties
- And more!