Everything You Should Know about a NJ Property Deed in 2024
Date: Mar 12, 2024 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Member Price: $143
Non-Member Price: $179
- Carolina T. Curbelo, Esq.
- The Law Office of Carolina T. Curbelo, LLC, Ridgewood
- Laura M. Fisher, Esq.
- Law Office of Laura M. Fisher, LLC, Jersey City
Property deeds are an essential legal document when buying and selling a home in New Jersey. They legally transfer title from one party to the next. Deeds must be recorded and set forth certain information to be valid. Join us for an in-depth look at important items to ensure a smooth transfer of title – what a deed should contain, where and when it is recorded and common pitfalls that arise when a deed is improperly drafted or recorded.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Types of deeds- which deed for which situation?
- Quitclaim, bargain and sale, deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Statutory requirements
- Does a deed need to be in writing?
- Requirements for preparation
- Types of clauses in a property deed
- NJ Recording Act and the Statute of Frauds
- What should I do if the deed was not registered?
- Pitfalls and safeguards
- Quit claim deeds- are they the end all or be all?
- Transferring to an LLC
- Identity of parties
- Signatures and remote notarization
- Fraudulent deed transfers, especially vacant land
- Bargain and sale deeds without covenants
- Tax and financial questions
- …and more
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/