May 15, 2018
Contact: Paula Saha
Director of Communications
NEW BRUNSWICK – The largest annual gathering of judges, lawyers and legal professionals kicks off this week.
The three-day New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention will be held May 16-18 at Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City. Over 3,000 people are expected to attend the event, which features 500 speakers and nearly 100 educational seminars.
The event will include seminars on nearly every topic from cannabis to #MeToo to helping veterans:
· New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal and Dr. Andrew Kolodny, one of the nation’s leading experts in opiate-related research will headline a panel examining the scourge of opiates in our communities and the legal community’s response;
· Robert Kennedy Jr. will give remarks at the Opening Business Session;
· A panel of legislators will offer insights at Inside Trenton; and
· Additional programming will examine how social media has influenced the political arena; immigration law developments and how more women can get into leadership positions in the law.
· U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito and former New Jersey Attorney General Christopher Porrino will discuss the inner workings of corporate investigations;
· U.S. Third Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Michael Chagares and Supreme Court Justice Barry T. Albin are scheduled to offer insights on oral advocacy;
· Jan Schlichtmann, the attorney who was portrayed in A Civil Action, will tell his story of fighting for environmental justice;
· Several Supreme Court Justices will be on-hand for the Supreme Court Year in Review;
· Jarrett Adams will share his story of exoneration thanks to the Innocence Project;
· A Mindfulness Lounge will provide techniques for lawyers to adopt in their practice;
· A panel of experts will examine what voter suppression looks like today; and
· The NJSBA will install its 2018-2019 officers and trustees, including John E. Keefe Jr., who will be president of the association in the coming year.
· New Jersey Supreme Court Chief Justice Stuart Rabner and U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey Chief Judge Jose Linares will give State-of-the-Judiciaries speeches.
Search News & Press Releases
NJSBA Annual Meeting and Convention Biggest Annual Event in Legal Community
May 15, 2018
Contact: NJSBA Communications Department
Email: [email protected]