The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for a vacant position as the Sussex County Trustee on the NJSBA Board of Trustees.
This position is for an unexpired term, and the selected candidate will serve from the time of nomination until May 2025. The nominated candidate may seek re-nomination at that time for a full two-year term. Please see specific criteria below.
Sussex County Trustee: For purposes of being eligible to be a county trustee, at the time of election trustees shall meet one of the following criteria: (1) the county trustee’s home is located in the county; (2) the county trustee’s office is located in the county; or (3) the county is the county trustee’s primary county of practice and they are a member of the county bar association. [Article III, 1]
Candidates will be evaluated by the Nominating Committee for any of the available positions based on the following criteria:
1. Ability to fulfill the duties of the position, including regular attendance at Board of Trustees, Nominating Committee or ABA meetings.
2. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
3. The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
4. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
5. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
6. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
7. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
8. Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
9. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
10. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
11. Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey;
12. Geographical balance of the NJSBA leadership,
13. Especially for officer positions, demonstrated administrative capability and experience, and recognition and understanding of the essential issues facing the organized bar, the profession, and capacity to lead in a responsible fashion.
Filing Deadline: To qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, candidates must submit a letter/email stating the intention to seek a specific elective position. After receipt of a letter of intention, a questionnaire will be forwarded to the prospective candidate by email. Completed questionnaires must be received by the committee no later than 5 p.m., Thursday, July 27, 2023. Letters may be emailed to Executive Director Angela C. Scheck at [email protected]. Please direct any questions regarding procedure to Ms. Scheck by email or phone at 732-937-7500.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 12, 2023
Contact: Thomas Nobile
Director of Communications