January 28, 2022
For Immediate Release
Contact: Barbara Straczynski
The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Section (DRS) gives an award annually or periodically to a member of the section, called the Lewis J. Pepperman Distinguished Service Award.
The DRS is now seeking nominations for consideration of that award.
Its Award Committee will evaluate each candidate in the following areas:
1. Significant, tangible contributions to the Section for a period of no less than three years in the five years immediately preceding the Award, except that in extraordinary situations the Committee shall have discretion to consider candidates who may not fall within the aforesaid time window.
2. Leadership within the section.
3. A record of promoting participation and involvement of section members and collegiality within the section.
4. A record of promoting education about dispute resolution within the section, the bar and the general public.
5. Mentorship and encouragement of others within the section.
6. A reputation for personal and professional integrity.
The Award Committee’s composition and this year’s members are as follows:
• DRS Chair Andrew L. Smith
• An officer or member of the board of the section, who is to be the Chair: Judge Linda R. Feinberg (ret.)
• A member of the section who is neither an officer nor a board member: A. Rene Hollyer
• Two past Boskey Award recipients: Felicia T. Farber and Robbie MacPherson
• Chairs (or a chair’s designee) of two other NJSBA sections or special committees: Danielle E. Cohen, Construction Law Section, and James A. Lewis, Minorities In the Profession Section)
The deadline for submission of nominations is March 23. Click here for the nomination form, which requires a statement of no more than 500 words describing why the nominee deserves the Year 2022 Lewis J. Pepperman Award.
Nominations should be sent:
Via EMAIL ONLY to: Barbara Straczynski, New Jersey State Bar Association, [email protected]
Search News & Press Releases
Nominations sought for Dispute Resolution Section Distinguished Service Award – Deadline for submissions is March 23
January 28, 2022
Contact: NJSBA Communications Department
Email: [email protected]