FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 27, 2023
Contact: Thomas Nobile
Director of Communications
NEW BRUNSWICK – The Nominating Committee of the Young Lawyers Division ("YLD") of the New Jersey State Bar Association is soliciting nominations for three (3) Seats on the YLD Executive Committee for the May 2023 to May 2024 term. The deadline for submitting nominations or letters of interest is 5:00 pm on March 29, 2023. Interviews for contested positions will be scheduled on dates to be determined.
● Candidates may nominate themselves.
● There is no limit on the number of positions a candidate may be nominated for, and candidates are encouraged to nominate themselves for all positions for which they are eligible.
● Any individual who has been a member of the YLD in good standing for at least three (3) months prior to the Annual Meeting of the Association is eligible for consideration, consistent with a Nov. 9, 2022 Order of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division.
● All candidates must be prepared to attend all regular monthly YLD meetings and report the business of their districts to the Committee.
● A letter of nomination, or if it is a self-nomination, a letter of interest, must be submitted to the YLD Nominating Committee via e-mail to the address provided below.
● The letter must include the nominator's contact information and the contact information of the candidate being nominated, including a phone number and email address.
● Nominations must be received by 5:00 pm on March 29, 2023 at the email address below.
● Late submissions will NOT be considered absent a showing of good cause.
● PLEASE NOTE: EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HOLD AN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE POSITION, IF YOU WISH TO SERVE AN ADDITIONAL TERM ON THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE A NOMINATION OR LETTER OF INTEREST MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE BY THE ABOVE DEADLINE.
Prior to drafting its recommended slate, the YLD Nominating Committee shall consider every eligible potential candidate in each of the following areas:
(1) service to young lawyers of New Jersey, both within and outside of the YLD,
(2) service to the NJSBA and any other bar association,
(3) service within the county bar association of the district they would represent,
(4) service to the community, and
(5) any such other criteria the Nomination Committee deems just and proper which reflect upon the potential candidate's concern for and ongoing interest in the good of young lawyers.
Nominations and questions should be directed to YLD Nominating Committee Chair, Alexandra Loprete:
Via Email to ENDPRBLOCK
Alexandra Loprete, Esq.
Fredson, Statmore & Bitterman, LLC
555 U.S. 1 South, Suite 170
Woodbridge, NJ 08830
Search News & Press Releases
Nominations Sought for Seats on Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: NJSBA Communications Department
Email: [email protected]