Family Law Certification Prep Course
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $220
Non-Member Price: $275
Areas of Law: Family
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 7.3 hours of total CLE credit, including 1.0 in Ethics (Full Credits Available: Matrimonial Attorney-General: 7.3, NJ Ethics: 1.0, NJ General: 6.3).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Ethics Non-Transitional: 1.0, NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 6.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Ethics Credit: 0.5, PA Substantive Credit: 5.0
$24.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- Sheryl J. Seiden, Esq.
- Seiden Family Law, LLC, Cranfordis the founding Partner of Seiden Family Law, LLC in Cranford, New Jersey. She is a seasoned matrimonial lawyer, having practiced family law exclusively since January 2000. Prior to forming Seiden Family Law, Ms. Seiden was a Partner at a boutique law firm in Summit, where she practiced family law for thirteen years.
nAdmitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Ms. Seiden is Past Chair of the Family Law Section Executive Committee (“FLEC”) of the New Jersey State Bar Association and a Trustee of the Association. She is a past Co-Chair of the Young Lawyer Family Law Subcommittee for FLEC, and has been a member of FLEC since 2008. An officer and Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers– New Jersey Chapter (“AAML-NJ”), Ms. Seiden has served on the Board of Managers for several years and is slated to be sworn in as the President of AAML-NJ in June 2024. She is also a member of the Union and Essex County Bar Associations. In November 2014 Ms. Seiden argued as amicus curiae for AAML in Gnall v Gnall before the Supreme Court of New Jersey. She has been an Early Settlement Panelist for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Union County, and has been asked to serve as a blue-ribbon panelist on several occasions by the Early Settlement Panel for the Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, Family Part, Essex County.
nMs. Seiden has moderated and spoken on many panels for the Family Law Symposium on topics involving creative support awards, child support, emancipation and special needs trusts, alimony issues, legislative issues affecting family law, and reexamining relocation laws. She has also been a speaker at the Friday night program for the Family Law Symposium on several occasions. Ms. Seiden is co-author of Marriage, Divorce and Dissolution (Gann Publishing, 2019, now in its 3rd Edition). She often lectures and educates junior lawyers and paralegals on how to prepare Case Information Statements, and has also lectured on the relocation laws in New Jersey as well as parental alienation.
nMs. Seiden received her B.A., cum laude, from American University and is a magna cum laude graduate of New York Law School, where she served as the Managing Editor of the New York Law School Law Review.
- Mary Ann Bauer, Esq.
- Bauer & Karch Law Group, LLC, Lebanon
- Vincent P. Celli, Esq.
- Simon, O'Brien, & Knapp, Parsippany
- Jerry S. D'Aniello, Esq.
- IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, NJSBA
Snyder Sarno D'Aniello Maceri & Da Costa, Roseland
- Carolyn N. Daly, Esq.
- TREASURER, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, NJSBA
Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman, PC, Newark
- Christine Fitzgerald, Esq.
- TREASURER, FAMILY LAW SECTION, NJSBA
Seiden Family Law, Cranford
- Nicole Lyons, CPA/CFF
- Withum, Red Bank
- Megan S. Murray, Esq.
- The Family Law Offices of Megan S. Murray, Holmdel
- Francesca O'Cathain, Esq.
- O'Cathain Law Group, Hackensack
- Michael Saccomanno, CPA, ABV, CFF, CVA, CDFA
- Marcum, LLP, Marlton
- Michael A. Saponara, CPA/ABV, MA, JD
- Financial Research Associates, Edison
- Amanda S. Trigg, Esq.
- Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP, Saddle Brook
Presented in collaboration with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) New Jersey Chapter
Our full-day course is for anyone who wants to spend a day improving their knowledge of family law or for anyone who plans to sit for the Matrimonial Certification Exam through the New Jersey Board of Attorney Certification. Our speakers are all Fellows of the American Academy of Matrimonial lawyers and will provide an insightful overview of the major areas in Family Law.