Legal Issues Concerning Short Term Rentals, Vrbos, Airbnb
Category: On Demand
Member Price: $175
Non-Member Price: $219
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 3 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 3.0).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 3.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 2.5
$12.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program
- George C. Greatrex, Jr., Esq.
- Hill Wallack LLP, Cherry Hill
- Jennifer L. Alexander, Esq.
- Griffin Alexander PC, Randolph
- Yuri Kapilovich
- Yuri Kapilovich
- Thomas J. Major, Esq.
- The Major Law Firm
Short term rentals, Vrbos and Air bnbs are a hot topic in the real estate industry… especially during COVID when folks wanted to get away from the cities and other crowded places for a while. There have been a few case opinions on the topic around the country, and some legislative activity here in NJ. At this brand-new program our panel will delve into the law and issues that surround short term rentals.
- Differences between air bnb, straight rental and hotels
Rules, regulations and legislation
- State, municipal and private laws and rules
- Issues for short term rental hosts operating in common interest developments
- Drafting short term rental agreements and leases
Tax obligations of rental hosts
- Tax ID
- Collect lodging taxes from guests
- File lodging tax returns
- Remit taxes collected
- Mixed Personal and Rental Use “Vacation Home Rules”
- The frustrated neighbor who doesn’t appreciate having a “hotel” next door
- Nuisance activities related to short term rental activity
- Eliminating or limiting short term rental activity of a neighbor
- Responsibility of short-term rental sites for alleged nuisances and “party house” issues