Toll Free Number: 888-541-1900
The Military Legal Assistance Program is a pro bono program established by the New Jersey State Bar Association, through its Military Law and Veterans’ Affairs Committee, in conjunction with McCarter & English, L.L.P. This program provides free legal assistance to eligible military personnel.
To be eligible for the program you must:
- Be a New Jersey resident;
- Be a member of the reserve components of the armed forces (Army National Guard, Army Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Navy Reserve, Marine Corp Reserve, etc.); and
- Have been called to active duty and deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan since 2001.
- Legal issue has to relate directly with being deployed.
The Military Legal Assistance Program offers legal assistance to eligible military personnel in these areas:
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Debtor-Credit Law
- Military / Administrative Law
Or email us at [email protected] to request assistance. If you are eligible for assistance, your case will be referred to a volunteer who can assist you with your specific legal issue.