Advanced Civil Mediation Training Course
Date: Dec 7, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Member Price: $160
Non-Member Price: $200
Areas of Law: Civil, Dispute Resolution
Earn up to 4.5 credits, including 1.2 in Ethics! (More Information)
- Robert E. Margulies, Esq.
- Schumann Hanlon Margulies LLC, Jersey City
- Richard H. Steen, Esq.
- Past Trustee, NJSBA
Richard H. Steen, LLC, Princeton
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Dispute Resolution Section, NJSBA Senior Lawyers Special Committee and the Justice Garibaldi ADR Inn of Court
Go beyond the basics to enhance your skills as a mediator!
This seminar fulfills the annual advanced civil mediation training requirement for civil mediators required by the Supreme Court of New Jersey for persons who had previously received civil mediation training as provided in R. 1:40-12(b)(2). The ability to manage conflict is a fundamental part of every successful practice. Many attorneys and other professionals have acquired a foundation in mediation skills through personal experience or by completing a basic training course. NJICLE’s ADVANCED CIVIL MEDIATION TRAINING COURSE will take you beyond the basics, and enhance your ability to mediate more complex disputes.
Who should attend:
- Attorneys and other professionals on the court-approved list who need to fulfill their 4-hour annual CLE mediation requirement
- Attorneys and other professionals involved in commercial litigation, environmental disputes, professional malpractice, consumer fraud, insurance matters, construction, products liability, labor and employment, matrimonial issues
- Mediators who want to enhance their skills
- Basic Mediation Attendees
You’ll observe “real-life” demonstrations by highly experienced mediators!
Enhance your ability to mediate complex cases by participating in this “hands-on” clinic…
- Explore different mediation techniques – what’s right for you and when to use it
- Find out how to remain in control of the process – from the beginning to its conclusion
- Gain an understanding of ethical pitfalls you should avoid
- Acquire skills you can directly apply to more complex disputes
- Pick up valuable tips for dealing with impasse
- Review the standards of conduct for mediators
- How to facilitate enforceable settlements
- Effective opening statements
- …and more
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/