Let’s Talk Title: Exploring Title Issues in RE Transactions
Date: Dec 4, 2023 1:00 p.m. – 4:35 p.m.
Member Price: $172
Non-Member Price: $215
- Evan N. Pickus, Esq.
- Pickus & Landsberg, East Brunswick
- Scott K. Sumner, Esq.
- Vice President & New Jersey State Manager
FNTG Direct Operations, Hackensack
Title issues arise at different times in the residential real estate transaction. Title insurance, surveys and the title commitment are all spots a lawyer must look for a title issue. The issues themselves range from acquisition of real property, ownership interests, the effect of encumbrances, restrictions and easements on title to judgements, mortgages, and foreclosure issues.
Who Should Attend
- Real estate practitioners
- General practitioners
- New lawyers
- Title agency personnel
- Real estate brokers and agents
Join us at this important seminar as we tackle topics such as:
- The difference between title insurance and marketability of title
- What is covered under the standard title insurance contract?
- What is an exception? How do you exclude an exception?
- Surveys and their impact on title
- How claims develop and how they are processed
- The extent you can rely on a title insurance commitment
- the title companies’ duty to defend
- whether or not closing attorneys and agents can be held liable
- How to intervene in a Tax Sale Foreclosure action