Public Utility Law Section CLE
Date: Oct 17, 2023 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Location: Cullen and Dykman LLP, Newark and Online
Member Price: $29
Section Price: $29
Areas of Law: Public Utility
- Kenneth Maloney, Esq
- Cullen & Dykman, Washington
The Public Utility Law Section (PULS) invites you to attend a 1-hour hybrid CLE on "Challenges Associated With Adding Incremental Interstate Natural Gas Supply Capacity in New Jersey" which begins at 10 a.m.
The live program will take place in Cullen and Dykman LLP (One Riverfront Plaza, Newark, NJ 07102)
GPS address is 1037 Raymond Boulevard, Newark, NJ 07102
This CLE program is open to all members of the NJSBA Public Utility Law Section.
10:00 CLE Program
11:00 PULS Business Meeting
1. Overview of the interstate pipelines serving New Jersey and the process that must be followed to obtain a FERC certificate to construct and operate
new pipeline capacity under the Natural Gas Act
2. FERC’s certificate policy and the standards that FERC applies in determining project need and adverse impacts to the environment, affected
landowners, existing pipeline customers and competing pipelines and their captive customers.
3 Recent controversies surrounding the application of FERC’s policies to determinations of project need and adverse environmental impacts including
the impact of greenhouse gas emissions associated with such projects –the impact of recent judicial ,administrative and legislative decisions
4. The pre-emptive effect of FERC’s decisions—where it applies and where it doesn’t—this will focus on states’ rights to issue or withhold permits under
the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act and certifications under the Coastal Zone Management Act and the ability of pipelines to challenge adverse
5. Other challenges to new capacity including prudence challenges to LDC purchasing decisions.
|NJ CLE:||NJ CLE information: This program has been approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 1.2 hours of total CLE credit (Full Credits Available: NJ General: 1.2).|
|NY CLE (t&nt):||NY Professional Practice Non-Transitional: 1.0|
|PA CLE:||PA Substantive Credit: 1.0
$4.00 fee – separate check payable to NJICLE must be submitted at the end of the program