There’s still time to register for the New Jersey State Bar Association’s annual Member Celebration Days from Oct. 2-5. Join the state’s largest organization of legal professionals as it celebrates members over a weeklong series of free in-person and virtual programs to stay up to date on the law, network with colleagues, find leadership opportunities and advocate for the profession.
Check out the lineup of events.
Monday, Oct. 2
- A job fair held at the New Jersey Law Center in New Brunswick will kick off the celebration on Oct. 2. The fair is open to members and non-members to learn about the law firms, government agencies, businesses and other organizations that are hiring. Employers interested in taking part in the career fair can register here.
- The Association invites members for a shredding event at the Law Center from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., where members can declutter their workspace and ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information by bringing up to five boxes of paper for disposal.
Tuesday, Oct. 3
- Learn about ChatGPT at an introductory webinar on what lawyers should know about artificial intelligence and how it can change their practice.
- NJSBA members can take a free virtual training on how to use Decisis, a legal research tool powered by LexisNexis that offers a wide range of legal research features.
Wednesday, Oct. 4
- Join Judge Nelson Johnson (ret.), the award-winning author of the book that inspired the HBO series Boardwalk Empire, for a discussion of his latest book on how attorneys can write and argue better. Style & Persuasion: A Handbook for Lawyers – published by the NJSBA – offers tools for all attorneys to build confidence and transform their writing styles.
- Learn about the NJSBA’s Member Assistance Program, a member benefit that offers free, 24/7 access to trained, experienced mental health professionals and resources.
Thursday, Oct. 5
- Experience the NJSBA’s vibrant community firsthand by attending an in-person open house at the New Jersey Law Center.
- Legal research training with Decisis returns for an in-person session on the tool powered by LexisNexis.
For more details and to register for the events, visit njsba.com.