2022 Labor and Employment Law Forum
Date: Feb 23, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Hon. Peter F. Bariso, Jr.
- Hon. Lisa P. Thornton
- Jessica S. Allen, Esq.
- Jessica S. Allen, Esq., Iselin
- Domenick Carmagnola, Esq.
- Carmagnola & Ritardi LLC, Morristown
- Robert T. Szyba, Esq.
- Seyfarth Shaw, New Yorkis a Partner in the Labor & Employment Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP in New York City, where he defends and counsels employers in a wide range of employment-related issues, including background check and Fair Credit Reporting Act violations, “ban the box” issues, prevailing wage requirements, wage and hour compliance, whistleblower retaliation, family and medical leave compliance and interference/retaliation claims, paid sick leave, and discrimination/harassment. He also advises clients on preventive employment counseling, pre-litigation strategy and litigation avoidance, alternate dispute resolution and mandatory arbitration programs, and employment policies and procedures.
Admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and New York, Mr. Szyba serves on the Executive Committee of the Labor & Employment Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He has been Co-Chair of the Ethics & Professional Responsibility Subcommittee of the American Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section’s Employment Rights & Responsibilities Committee.
Mr. Szyba has served on the Alumni Advisory Board of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and as a member of the Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court. He is a former Editor-in-Chief of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s New Jersey Labor & Employment Law Quarterly and has lectured for ICLE, NELA-NJ, the American and New York State Bar Associations, and other organizations.
Mr. Szyba received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Berklee College of Music and his J.D., cum laude, from Hofstra University School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Hofstra Labor & Employment Law Journal and a member of Hofstra’s Moot Court Association.
- Robert Asaro-Angelo
- New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Devel, Trenton
- Michael O. Boldt, Esq.
- McElroy Deutsch Mulvaney & Carpenter, Morristown
- Teresa Boyle-Vellucci, Esq.
- KSBranigan Law, Glen Ridge
- Dean L. Burrell, Esq.
- Dean L. Burrell, Esq., Morristown
- Gina Casale, Esq.
- Carmagnola & Ritardi, LLC, Morristown
- Ayesha Krishnan Hamilton, Esq.
- HAMILTON LAW FIRM PC, Princeton
- Christina Silva, Esq.
- Jackson Lewis, P.C., Berkeley Heights
- Steven W. Suflas, Esq.
- Holland & Hart LLP, Salt Lake City
- Suzanne Sullivan, Esq.
- National Labor Relations Board, Newark
Every year, New Jersey’s leading labor and employment lawyer attend "the Forum" to keep up to date on the latest law and hear sophisticated analysis from seasoned practitioners.
Purchase this year's program as Domenick Carmagnola, NJSBA's President and former Chair of the NJSBA Labor and Employment Law Section, and Robert Szyba, the Former Editor in Chief of the Labor and Employment Law Quarterly, moderate a distinguished panel of labor and employment lawyers.
You will hear Steve Suflas's ever-popular case law update, gain a deeper understanding of how COVID continues to impact the workplace and litigation, and hear a lively discussion about the ethical issues every labor and employment lawyer should consider. You will receive targeted, useful information you can immediately use right away in your practice.