90th Semi-Annual Tax and Estate Planning Forum
Date: Dec 6, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick and Online
Member Price: $188
Non-Member Price: $235
- Shirley B. Whitenack, Esq.
- Schenck Price Smith & King, Florham Park
- John J. Miesowitz, Esq.
- Ventura Miesowitz Keough & Warner PC, Summit
- John L. Pritchard, Esq.
- Law Offices of John L Pritchard, Esq., Union
- Eric A. Carosia, Esq.
- Berkowitz Lichtstein Kuritsky Giasullo & Gross LLC, Roseland
- Richard H. Greenberg, Esq.
- Past Chair, NJSBA Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section, Greenberg & Schulman, Monroe
- Glenn A. Henkel, Esq.
- Kulzer & DiPadova PA, Haddonfield
- Jack F. Meola, Esq.
- EisnerAmper LLP, Iselin
- Gary A. Prince, Jr., Esq.
- Mantell Prince & Reynolds PC, Basking Ridge
- Timothy P. Terry, Esq.
- Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Short Hills
- Stacey M. Valentine, Esq.
- Avelino Law, LLP, Morristownis a Partner in Avelino Law, LLP with offices in Summit, New Jersey, and New York City, and co-leads the Trusts and Estates Practice Group. With a practice encompassing all aspects of trusts and estates law, she handles income, estate, inheritance, gift, and generation-skipping transfer tax issues, and helps clients maximize the benefits of charitable giving. Ms. Valentine assists estate and trust beneficiaries and fiduciaries in enforcing their rights and adhering to their obligations in the event of a dispute, and serves as legal counsel to numerous financial institutions and corporate trustees, assisting those entities in the implementation of their fiduciary duty while addressing the risks inherent to the role of executor or trustee. She also advises clients in general corporate matters arising in closely-held family businesses and has experience working with individuals with special needs.
Ms. Valentine is admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York. She is a member of the New Jersey State, New York State and Morris County Bar Associations, and the Board of the Estate Planning Council of Northern New Jersey. She has also sat on the Board of the Women’s Association for the Morristown Medical Center and the Young Professionals Board of Eva’s Village.
Ms. Valentine received her B.A., magna cum laude, from Colgate University and her J.D., cum laude, from Washington & Lee University School of Law.
- Kenneth A. Vercammen, Esq.
- Kenneth Vercammen & Associates, PC, Edison
- Leonard J. Witman, Esq.
- Witman Stadtmauer PA, Florham Park
- Amanda Claire Wolfe, Esq.
- Post Polak, Roseland
The 90th Semi-Annual Tax and Estate Planning Forum is back with the timely information you need. This is a definite can’t-miss program for all tax and estate planning practitioners. The program is packed with unique and interesting topics presented by some of New Jersey’s top lawyers in the field. Spend a day with your colleagues learning and networking. You’ll get the latest info and practice tips on what you need to know to better represent clients. Being a part of the day means you will walk away at the top of your tax and estate planning game.
- 9:00 | Announcements
- 9:05 | Keynote Presentation: Protecting Elderly Clients from Undue Influence - Shirley B. Whitenack, Esq.
- 9:35 | The Ethics of Client Relationships and Development - Kenneth A. Vercammen, Esq.
- 10:05 | The Selection of Professional Fiduciaries or Attorneys as Executors or Trustees - Stacey M. Valentine, Esq.
- 10:35 | Break
- 10:50 | When and How Should I Convert my IRA to a Roth IRA - Leonard J. Witman, Esq.
- 11:20 | Recent Estate Tax Developments - Richard H. Greenberg, Esq.; Glenn A. Henkel, Esq.
- 12:20 | Lunch
- 1:00 | The Challenges of Gifting or Bequeathing a Family Business to One or More Children and Equalizing the Others - Gary A. Prince, Jr., Esq.
- 1:30 | A Spelunker's Guide to Title 3B of the New Jersey Statutes, Part Two - John L. Pritchard, Esq.
- 2:00 | Practical Decanting - John J. Miesowitz, Esq.
- 2:30 | Break
- 2:45 | Family Offices for Estate Planning and Unified Financial Management - Timothy P. Terry, Esq.
- 3:15 | The Mediation of Estate Litigation Matters - Eric A. Carosia, Esq.
- 3:45 | Ethical Issues in the Representation of the AIP in Guardianship Matters - Amanda Claire Wolfe, Esq.
- 4:15 | The Corporate Transparency Act - Jack F. Meola, Esq.
- 5:00 | Adjourn