ABC’s of DWI: A Practical Guide to DWI
Date: Jan 23, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Learn the ABCs of DWI as John Menzel, Esq., a recognized specialist handling DWI cases, and other experts join together to walk you through the chronology and practical issues that arise when you represent a client facing a DWI charge. This is an unprecedented opportunity to hone your preparation and execution skills when dealing with a DWI case!
- Understanding the DWI charge
- Understanding implications for repeat offenders
- Questions to ask during initial intake
- Managing client’s expectations
- Discovery concerns-field sobriety testing, breath test refusals, Alcotest and more…
- Motion practice
- Dealing with your adversary-does it have to be adversarial?
- Plea bargaining opportunities-determining whether a plea is in your client’s best interest
- Tips for presenting the case at trial- cross examination techniques and more…