Advanced Family Mediation Workshop
Date: Nov 15, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Member Price: $160
Non-Member Price: $200
Areas of Law: Family
Earn up to 4.5 credits, including 1.2 in Ethics and 1.0 in Diversity! (More Information)
- Stephen K. Fletcher, Esq.
- Heymann & Fletcher, Mount Freedom
- Kevin J. Baldwin, CPA, ABV
- Partner, Forensics, Valuation & Litigation Support Group Leader
DLA, LLC, Shrewsbury
- Jeffrey Fiorello, Esq.
- Cohn Lifland Pearlman Herrmann & Knopf LLP, Saddle Brook
- Shireen B. Meistrich, LCSW
- Shireen B. Meistrich, LCSW, Fair Lawn
- Katty C. Wong-Taylor, Esq.
- Law Office of Katty C. Wong-Taylor, North Plainfield
In family mediation, circumstances often arise that require knowledge of other areas of law that impact the divorce process. Knowing how to spot these circumstances and having proven strategies to help to navigate your client through them, can make all the difference in the cases you handle.
Pick Up Advanced Strategies That Get Results
This advanced matrimonial mediation program will provide you with proven mediation strategies that help couples going through gray divorces, LGBTQA divorces, and divorces that involve immigration issues. As an attendee of this workshop, you will gain a working knowledge of the challenges these couples face – as well as rock-solid tactics to identify legal issues that must be addressed and the best way to reach workable settlements that stand the test of time.
The program will include one hour on ethics as well as a review of case management issues.
Our distinguished panel will use a combination of lecture/presentations, panel discussions and role play to explore:
- Understanding personality disorders and the high conflict person
- Determining whether and how difficult people can effectively use the mediation process
- Creating a structure that provides for adequate preparation and establishes an emotionally safe environment for the mediation
- Helping parties identify shared goals
- Guiding parties to areas of agreement at the outset of the mediation process and maintaining momentum
- Helping parties focus on the future and resolution without getting bogged down in the past and blame
- Handling difficult people (outbursts, confusion, defensiveness, bullying)
- Overcoming impasses
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/