An Essential Guide to Wrongful Death Action Cases
Date: Dec 8, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Member Price: $172
Non-Member Price: $215
- K. Raja Bhattacharya, Esq.
- SECRETARY, New Jersey Association For Justice, Inc., NJSBA
Bendit Weinstock PA, West Orange
- Hon. Raymond A. Reddin, JSC (Ret.)
- Kristin Kucsma, MA
- Sobel Tinari Economics Group, Livingston
- Evan J. Lide, Esq.
- Stark & Stark, Hamilton
- Dr. Peter Salgo, MD
- Renee J. Sherman, Esq.
- Ruprecht Hart Weeks & Ricciardulli LLP, Westfield
Join us for an in-depth guide on how to handle a wrongful death or survivor action
Wrongful death actions are a unique type of personal injury action. In these cases, the parties and the damages that can be collected differ from the typical personal injury claim. At this seminar, a panel of well-respected New Jersey personal injury practitioners along with a former presiding civil trial judge and an expert will offer a well-rounded perspective on this ever-growing area of law. They will also offer strategic tips specific to handling cases wrongful death action cases.
- Review of Wrongful Death Act (N.J.S.A. 2A:31-4) and recent case law;
- Causes of action and who may file a lawsuit?;
- Damages- what sort of damages are allowable in a wrongful death case and how both sides deal with them:
- economic damages,
- pain and suffering;
- Statute of limitations;
- Expert testimony;
- Jury verdicts;
- Trial strategies; and
- Mediation of wrongful death claims.