Best of NJICLE Replay- Handling Cases Involving Youth Sports
Date: Oct 29, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Member Price: $110
Non-Member Price: $149
- John C. Macce, Esq.
- Macce & Cresti, PC, Clinton
- William S. Bloom, Esq.
- Methfessel & Werbel, Edison
- Brian Heyesey, Esq.
- Szaferman, Lakind, Blumstein & Blader, PC, Lincroft
- Lester E. Taylor, Esq.
- Florio Perrucci Steinhardt Cappelli Tipton & Taylo, New Providence
Best of NJICLE Replay
Don't miss this opportunity to catch up on the Handling Cases Involving Youth Sports program you missed!
As Little League and township soccer leagues start up for the spring season, and as students are submitting their health and physical forms to schools for clearance to participate in school sports, NJICLE offers this timely program on youth sports law. The program is designed to heighten awareness and sharpen your ability to handle cases involving injuries sustained in a youth sports activity. These injuries can take place on township athletic fields, indoor facilities, school tracks and fields, and in school gyms as well.
Our program panel features civil trial attorneys and a school board attorney. Together they will provide a discussion of:
- Recreational youth sports liability in New Jersey
- Statutory immunities and exceptions
- Participant v. spectator injuries
- Review of important recent case law, including
- Mesar v. Bound Brook Board of Education
- Dennehy v. East Windsor Regional Board of Education
- The importance of training trainers and coaches
- Youth Sports Law and Schools
- NJSIAA Role and Functions
- Residence and eligibility issues
- Sportsmanship issues and penalties
- And more!