Election Law 2022
Date: Oct 18, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
For attorneys, campaigns are not just about winning an election at any cost. Your obligation and task as an attorney is to help ensure a fair, unchallengeable, and litigation free victory. It is not just about what you do, but when and how you do it, and importantly what you do not do.
This program will review everything you need to know about the interaction, representation, and protection of candidates, campaigns, and campaign attorneys. Our experienced panel will pull the curtain back to examine the election process, and will show you what needs to be done, when it needs to be done, and how to do it properly.
Whether inexperienced or having gone through the process many times, you will be sure to learn and take away tips, tricks, and proven methods of successful representation and involvement for local, county, and state elections and campaigns.
While legal topics are being covered there will be much practical advice for candidates, campaign managers, and elected officials.
- Political Parties and the ballot line: the current challenges - is the party to wither or win?
- Voter Protection and Election Day activities for challenges
- Paper ballots - casting, review, rejection, correction and challenges
- Elections systems, casting ballots and electronic scanning
- Election recounts, rechecks and contests
- Referendums and public questions
- All types of petition: requirements, circulation, signing, and validation cure
- 101+ things a campaign and campaign manager must address and monitor
- Judicial insider’s view of how a Judge addresses and handles election issues
- Ethics for campaign lawyers: “You want to do what?” How to say “No” and redirect
- A look at upcoming elections