Estate Planning for Middle Income Individuals & Fam.
Date: Oct 13, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Areas of Law:
Earn up to 4 credits, including 1.0 in Diversity! (More Information)
Estate Planning is a necessity for more than just the wealthy. This program covers everything you need to know to create effective estate plans for middle income individuals and families. You’ll also learn how to convince your target client group they need your services and not just a cheap template they found on the internet. Purchase today and walk away with great practice tips and a working blueprint to creating complete estate plans for your clients.
- The top ways people screw up planning using cheap wills they found on the internet (e.g. why they should pay lawyers more than $49.99)
- Why a “simple will” just won’t cut it including the importance of having a well-rounded estate plan that includes a will, POA and advance directive for health care
- Beneficiary designations on non-probate accounts like IRAs, and why it’s important to make sure it all works together
- Creating trusts for creditor protection and dead hand control
- Estate planning for unique situations outside of the nuclear families
- Small business succession planning issues, and what that looks like if it goes wrong
- Dealing with oddball assets and family heirlooms
- Burial instructions/remains – designated funeral agents
- Planning for cyber assets and social media
- Avoiding future litigation
- Tax considerations
- Life insurance
- Estate planning for parents with special needs children - disability benefits, special needs trust, etc.
- Guardianships, appointing a guardian by will
- Basics of Medicaid planning