Harry Potter and the Lawyer’s Curse
Date: Dec 15, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Sometimes we forget why we went to Law School. This seminar will remind you why.
The world first met Harry Potter 25 years ago. Back then, young Harry was living under a staircase. Over the next ten years, Muggles everywhere watched him grow up to be the Rules of Professional Conduct's "citizen with a special responsibility for the quality of justice." In this program, travel with the young wizard and encounter Harry's lessons on rules, justice, forgiveness, honor, and the magic in practicing law.
- How we can use our “magic” to make the word a better place.
- Why words matter.
- Why no opportunity to do good should ever be wasted
- Why lawyers bear responsibility for community.
- Why we should be inspired by others, but also be a source of inspiration
- Why we should be personally involved in our clients matters, but not take things personally.
- Why we should stand with people who have no one else to stand with them and understand that the world you save, is a world worth saving.
- Why the mechanisms of justice should be used as a means to restore, rather than to extract