Hot Topics in Construction Law
Date: Dec 14, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
2022 marked a year of many new developments impacting the practice of construction law. With this convenient program, our panel of respected New Jersey construction lawyers will address some of the hottest issues and recent developments in this area of law.
- What constitutes proper notice in construction disputes in New Jersey
- An analysis of the recent Supreme Court decision of Crystal Point v. Kinsale Ins. Co. that allowed a condominium association to pursue the insurers of insolvent engineering and inspection firms for judgments entered against these defendants and also a discussion of the application of the Direct Action Statute, N.J.S.A. 17:28-2 to construction defect cases
- The Legislature’s recent codification of Fort Lee Condo Ass’n, Inc. v. 100 Old Palisades, LLC, concerning the statute of limitations for common interest communities to assert construction defect and design defect claims (N.J.S.A. 2A:14-1(c)) and the ramifications of this new legislation
- Analysis of recent caselaw involving the Prompt Payment Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:30A-1
- Does Atalese v. U.S. Legal Servs. Grp. LP apply to commercial contracts between two businesses
- The impact of technology on the lien law