Hot Topics in Construction Law
Date: Dec 14, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- What constitutes proper notice in construction disputes in New Jersey
- An analysis of the recent Supreme Court decision of Crystal Point v. Kinsale Ins. Co. that allowed a condominium association to pursue the insurers of insolvent engineering and inspection firms for judgments entered against these defendants and also a discussion of the application of the Direct Action Statute, N.J.S.A. 17:28-2 to construction defect cases
- The Legislature’s recent codification of Fort Lee Condo Ass’n, Inc. v. 100 Old Palisades, LLC, concerning the statute of limitations for common interest communities to assert construction defect and design defect claims (N.J.S.A. 2A:14-1(c)) and the ramifications of this new legislation
- Analysis of recent caselaw involving the Prompt Payment Act, N.J.S.A. 2A:30A-1
- Does Atalese v. U.S. Legal Servs. Grp. LP apply to commercial contracts between two businesses
- The impact of technology on the lien law
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/