Landlord Tenant Update 2023 – Evictions and more
Date: Jan 11, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
The relationship between landlords and tenants in New Jersey is governed by specific statutes that apply to all rental contracts. This course will focus on the latest developments in eviction procedure in our state courts. Join our panel of experienced practitioners and pick up practice tips that will help you effectively handle residential landlord tenant eviction matters in 2023. Get up to speed...purchase today!
- The Anti-Eviction Act - An overview: What is required under the Act, exceptions to the Act, and key provisions
- Common defenses to an eviction action, including habitability
- New developments in procedure
- Case management conferences
- Return to in-person proceedings
- Situations where a witness may be required
- Senate Bill 3691
- Rents excluded from the complaint
- Delays in Rental Assistance
- New motion practice
- Motions to accelerate trial
- Filing declaratory judgment motions
- Different practices in different vicinages