Law and the Practice of Lobbying
Date: Dec 20, 2022 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Lobbying is constitutionally protected free speech, but it is extensively regulated on both the federal and state levels by complex rules and regulations. Individuals, companies, and organizations that employ lobbyists, lobbyists themselves, and government officials, must understand the breadth and scope of these laws and regulations, as violations can lead to penalties and even jail time. With this information program, former Congressman Robert Andrews reviews federal and state regulations related to lobbying and provides practical suggestions about compliance and best practices.
- Federal and state laws relating to lobbying
- What is lobbying and what it isn’t
- Who is a lobbyist and who isn’t
- The practice of lobbying
- Best practices for compliance
- Best practice for Interacting with clients
- Best practices for interacting with government officials