Persuasive Storytelling and Presentation Skills for Lawyers
Date: Dec 27, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Member Price: $199
Non-Member Price: $235
- David Mann
- Founder, Simple Message, Minneapolis
The best story wins. Without a strong narrative, even the strongest evidence can still fail to be persuasive. To engage an audience, whether that’s a jury, judge, arbitrator, mediator, court personnel, opponent, or prospective client, a successful advocate identifies the essential intention, says it directly, and leaves out the smokescreens. Learn how to engage your audience by giving the case story a dynamic narrative, and how to tell the story between the words by improving vocal inflection and body language. With concepts drawn from years in professional acting and public speaking, David Mann will share the secrets of powerful, engaging presentations that can apply to openings, closings, mediations, arbitrations, depositions, witness preparation, witness interrogation, oral arguments, or prospective client interviews.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn techniques that will engage the judge, jury, arbitrator or mediator whether virtually or in-person.
You will take away from this course the ability to:
- Construct powerful stories that illustrate critical aspects of the case;
- Use plain language instead of legal jargon;
- Employ effective methods of rehearsal;
- Shape case stories into repeatable, engaging wording;
- Create a three-way dynamic between attorney, witness, and jury;
- Use the courtroom to its best advantage through physical presence and gesture; and
- Project a message clearly with persuasiveness appropriate to the material.