Replay – Advanced Topics in Zoning XI
Date: Nov 12, 2023 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Member Price: $184
Non-Member Price: $225
- Richard S. Schkolnick, Esq.
- Law Offices of Richard Schkolnick, MillburnLaw Offices of Richard Schkolnick in Millburn, New Jersey, has extensive experience providing solutions to property owners in complex land use and zoning matters, and has served as counsel to local government agencies with respect to land use and zoning issues. He focuses his practice in applications to construct wireless communications facilities and has represented national wireless carriers in hundreds of zoning applications.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Mr. Schkolnick is Past Chair of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Land Use Law Section. He secured a unanimous decision from the New Jersey Supreme Court on behalf of the Township of West Orange in the State’s seminal eminent domain case, Township of West Orange v. 769 Associates, LLC, 172 N.J. 564 (2002), and also served as Co-General counsel to the New Jersey State Democratic Party.
Mr. Schkolnick is a graduate of Haverford College, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and received his Masters of Government Administration from the University of Pennsylvania’s Fels Center of Government, where he was a Fels Scholar. He received his J.D. from the U.C.L.A. School of Law.
- Michael J. Ash, Esq.
- Merchant Logo Carlin, Ward, Ash & Heiart LLC, Florham Park
- Nylema Nabbie, Esq.
- Cleary Giacobbe Alfieri Jacobs, LLC, Oaklandis a Partner in Cleary, Giacobbe, Alfieri & Jacobs, LLC in Oakland, New Jersey, and has extensive land development experience on behalf of private and corporate clients on the local, county and state levels. She has substantial litigation experience, including challenges as to the constitutionality and validity of municipal zoning ordinances before the trial courts and Appellate Division of the State of New Jersey. She is responsible for complex commercial real estate transactions, as well as the representation of financial institutions and private individuals in commercial, construction and residential loan transactions; and for the preparation of public offering statements and registration of multi-family projects with the Department of Community Affairs.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Ms. Nabbie is a former Director of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Land Use Section and a member of the Supreme Court Committee on Tax. She serves as Hillsdale Planning Board attorney, as co-counsel to the North Bergen Planning Board, as West New York Zoning Board of Adjustment Attorney and is former co-counsel to the Closter Zoning Board of Adjustment. She is a former member and Past Chair of the Teaneck Planning Board.
Ms. Nabbie received her undergraduate degree, cum laude, from Seton Hall University and her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Kenneth A. Porro, Esq.
- Chasan Lamparello Mallon & Cappuzzo, PC, Secaucus
- Robert F. Simon, Esq.
- Herold Law, PA, Warrenis a Shareholder in and Co-Managing Director of Herold Law, P.A. in Warren, New Jersey. He focuses his practice in land use regulation before local zoning and planning boards; real estate-related litigation including land use, tenancy, tax appeals, condemnation and title actions; and commercial and residential real estate transactions. Mr. Simon has been qualified as an expert witness in both Superior Court and District Court in legal malpractice and mortgage fraud matters. He has been Board Attorney for the Township of Tewksbury Land Use Board, Special Land Use Counsel for the Borough of Wallington as to Affordable Housing and land use litigation, and Board Attorney for the Township of Millburn Zoning Board of Adjustment.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, and before the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits, Mr. Simon is a member of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Land Use Law Section and has been Chair of the District XIII (Hunterdon, Somerset and Warren Counties) and District VB Fee Arbitration Committees. He has been a member of the NJSBA Real Estate Law Section and has lectured for ICLE and Lorman Education Services.
Mr. Simon received his B.A. from Johns Hopkins University and his J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University, where he served as a member of the Editorial Board of the New Europe Law Review. He was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable R. Benjamin Cohen, J.S.C.
Best of NJICLE Replay
Don't miss this opportunity to catch up on the Advanced Topics in Zoning XI program you missed!
Join us for this replay as seasoned land use attorneys discuss complex land use and zoning practice topics. This replay – designed for experienced land use practitioners – feature top experts and lively discussions and offer compelling new strategies for overcoming an assortment of challenging land use and zoning issues.
This replay will provide insight into a potpourri of subjects and will help you gain a more in-depth understanding of how to represent your clients when they face emerging practice issues. Hear from a panel of experts as they review recent land use developments and provide practice pointers.
- What steps to take when your client gets a surprise notice that its property is the subject of an “area in need” designation hearing (condemnation/non condemnation) and the hearing is a week away? - Michael J. Ash, Esq.
- “Vested Property Rights” Statutory Vesting Provisions; Zone Changes; Implications For ‘d’ Variances - Kenneth A. Porro, Esq.
- Benefits, Pitfalls, and Strategies Concerning Informal Concept Review - Robert F. Simon, Esq.
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About ‘a’ and ‘b’ Appeals and the Differences Between the Two - Nylema Nabbie, Esq.