Trending Topics in Landlord-Tenant Litigation
Date: Nov 30, 2023 4:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
Member Price: $140
Non-Member Price: $175
- Tracey Goldstein, Esq.
- Feinstein Raiss Kelin Booker & Goldstein LLC, Livingstonis a Partner in Feinstein, Raiss, Kelin, Booker & Goldstein LLC in Livingston, New Jersey, where she represents and counsels multi-family apartment owners, property managers and developers in real estate-related litigation. Her areas of concentration include novel and complex landlord/tenant issues, contract and real estate disputes, residential and commercial evictions, rent control and housing discrimination matters, and toxic tort defense (mold and lead paint). She has been involved in several published decisions and also counsels the New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA) on emerging landlord-tenant issues and key legislation.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey and New York, Ms. Goldstein is a member of the New Jersey State, Essex County, Hudson County and Creditor’s Bar Associations. She serves on the Board of Directors of the NJAA, is a member of the Property Owners Association and the New Jersey Affordable Housing Management Association, and has collaborated with the Office of the Governor. She has testified before the New Jersey Assembly Judiciary Committee and has served as a panelist for the Division on Civil Rights.
Ms. Goldstein has lectured for ICLE, Rutgers Law School, the Hudson County Bar Association, NJ Cooperator, NJAA, the Property Owners Association and the New Jersey Affordable Housing Management Association. She is a sought-after media resource and has garnered numerous business and industry honors, and her articles have appeared in New Jersey Lawyer and the NJ Apartment Industry Magazine. In 2021 she was the recipient of ICLE’s Distinguished Service Award for her many years of service to the Institute.
Ms. Goldstein received her B.A. from the State University of New York at Albany and her law degree from Western New England School of Law.
- Hon. Stephen L. Petrillo, JSC
- Iris Bromberg
- Senior Advisor, Affirmative Enforcement Unit, New Jersey Division on Civil Rights
- David Saltzman, Esq.
- Legal Services of Northwest Jersey, Morristown
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Special Civil Part Special Committee
Join our distinguished panel and heighten your knowledge of some of the current topics arising in landlord-tenant court. The panel will also present a review of recent changes in the practice as well as recent changes in the law.
- New forms and requirements in landlord tenant proceedings
- Fair Chance In Housing Act
- An overview of the law along with practical guidance
- What a landlord can and cannot ask on an application
- Addressing reasonable accommodation requests in housing
- Can you evict a hoarder?
- Is hoarding a disability?
- How to handle requests for emotional support animals
- How does a landlord accommodate a disability?
- Additional recent changes in the law