What Family Lawyers Should Know about Immigration Law
Date: Dec 15, 2021 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Eileen S. King English, Esq.
- Eileen S. King English, Esq., Freehold
- Jennifer W. Millner, Esq.
- Stark & Stark, Hamilton
- Alan J. Pollack, Esq.
- Frank & Pollack, Newark
Family lawyers must be familiar with how immigration issues affect their client’s family law matter. This program will help family lawyers spot issues that can arise with foreign national clients during divorce proceedings, and other family-related scenarios, and educate them on when they should enlist an immigration attorney’s help.
- I-864 Affidavit of Support, and what it requires of the United States citizen spouse
- I-751s and Conditional permanent residency: when it starts, when it ends and when the petition for permanent residency should be filed, and what happens if a divorce is finalized before permanent residency is obtained
- Nonimmigrant work visa issues (L-1, L-2, H-1, H-4) and consequences of divorce on a dependent spouse
- Domestic Violence when one or both parties are foreign nationals, and what the potential immigration options and consequences are
- Fiancé visas
- Custody issues and immigration status
- Special Immigrant Juvenile Cases
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/