November 23, 2021
For Immediate Release
Contact: Kate Coscarelli
The New Jersey State Bar Association’s Nominating Committee invites members to apply for a candidate to serve as a member of the Nominating Committee for the remainder of a two-year term, beginning at the time of election until May 2023. The seat is the result of a vacancy and is open to any general member, however, individuals serving in these seats may not be from the same county. As Hudson County is already represented, members from there may not apply.
All candidates for positions must be members of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Criteria: The Nominating Committee will use the following criteria to evaluate all candidates interested in available positions:
1. Adherence to the highest standards of fairness, professional responsibility, civility and professionalism;
2. The quality of prior service to the organized bar;
3. Prior or present leadership positions and degree of effectiveness in these positions;
4. Dedication, capacity for hard work, and ability to fulfill all relevant duties;
5. Awareness of the NJSBA’s internal structure, in particular the duties for the position sought;
6. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and understand extensive information;
7. Demonstrated common sense, good judgment and the ability to articulate positions intelligently;
8. Prior service to the New Jersey State Bar Association and its constituent parts;
9. Prior service to county and specialty bar associations;
10. Extent of practice in the state of New Jersey.
Filing Deadline: To qualify for consideration by the Nominating Committee, candidates should email a request for a questionnaire stating their intent to apply for a specific position to NJSBA Executive Director Angela C. Scheck at [email protected]
Upon receipt, candidates will receive a questionnaire by email, which will be due back no later than 12 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 10.
Direct any further inquiries to Ms. Scheck via email or phone, at 732-937-7500.
Search News & Press Releases
NJSBA Nominating Committee seeks candidate to fill Nominating Committee vacancy
November 23, 2021
Contact: NJSBA Communications Department
Email: [email protected]