Hot Tips in Preventing Employment Law Claims
Member Price: $32
Non-Member Price: $40
Areas of Law: Labor & Employment
- Jeremy M. Brooks, Esq.
- Gibbons P.C., Newark
- Rosemary S. Gousman, Esq.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP, Murray Hill
- Elizabeth W. Gramigna, Esq.
- Tribu Partners LLC, Summit
- Susan L. Nardone, Esq.
- Gibbons PC, Newark
Presented in cooperation with the NJSBA Labor and Employment Law Section
What steps can you take to mitigate employer exposure to the barrage of labor and employment claims on the dockets of our courts and administrative agencies?
Throughout the United States, and here in New Jersey, employment claims continue to flood the dockets of state and federal courts, as well as the governmental agencies that regulate employment. While things are difficult enough for single-state businesses, businesses with multi-state operations face myriad compliance concerns. Though there are many new challenges, the good news is that sound strategies are effective, and counsel can help minimize exposure to liability through even-handed administration of company policies and best-practices.
Register today to hear from leading practitioners who will share proactive risk management strategies for preventing labor and employment claims. This popular program will highlight preventative measures and pointers that have a proven history of helping to avoid costly litigation and agency claims.
- 9:00 | NLRB Update - Jeremy M. Brooks, Esq.
- 9:30 | NJ WARN, Temporary Staffing and Other Severance Issues - Rosemary S. Gousman, Esq.
- 10:00 | Accommodation and Leaves - Susan L. Nardone, Esq.
- Religious accommodation
- PUMP Act; pregnancy accommodation
- 10:30 | Preventing claims through training and Investigation - Elizabeth W. Gramigna, Esq.
- 11:00 | Adjourn