2023 Real Estate Conference
Date: Apr 19, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Areas of Law: Real Property, Trust, & Estate
Earn up to 4.8 credits! (More Information)
- Matthew A. Cohen, Esq.
- Two Rivers Title Company, West Long Branch
- Jim Abrosini
- Jim Abrosini
- Ivette P. Alvarado, Esq.
- Sills Cummis & Gross, PC, Newark
- Thomas E. Didio, Jr.
- Thomas E. Didio, Jr.
- Edward C. Eastman, Jr., Esq.
- Davison Eastman Munoz & Paone P.A., Freehold
- Lawrence J. Fineberg, Esq.
- Lawrence J. Fineberg, Esq., Highland Park
- Jacob J. Franchino, Esq.
- Real Property, Trust and Estate law Section, NJSBA
The Connell Company, Berkeley Heights
- Conor J. Hennessey, Esq.
- Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis LLP, Woodbridge
- Daniel V. Madrid, Esq.
- Reed Smith, LLP, Skillman
- Caroline Record, Esq., CCAL
- Hill Wallack, LLP, Cedar Knollsis a Partner in the Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, office of Hill Wallack, LLP. A member of the Community Associations and Real Estate Practice Groups, she concentrates her practice in community association law and residential real estate. Her practice also includes estate planning and administration, special needs trusts, guardianship applications, foreclosure and other real estate-related work.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and the District of Columbia, Ms. Record is a past President of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey chapter of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) and a former Trustee and Past Chair of its Editorial and Legislative Action Committees. She is Past Chair of the Common Interest Ownership Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association, a former member of the Board of Consultors of the NJSBA Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section, and Past President of the New Jersey Community Association Political Action Committee. Ms. Record was elected to the Board of Directors of the Foundation for Community Association Research, is Past President of the Foundation and served on CAI’s Business Partner’s Council from 2009-2012. She was an investigator for the District X Ethics Committee from 1999 to 2003 and has served as Secretary of the District XA and XB Ethics Committees since 2006. She also teaches the M204 class in Community Governance for CAI.
Ms. Record received her undergraduate degree, with highest honors from the Political Science Department, from Rutgers College and her law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Glenn Reiser, Esq.
- Shapiro Croland Reiser Apfelt & Di Iorio LLP), Hackensack
- Michelle A. Schaap, Esq.
- Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi PC, Roseland
- Marc J. Scheiner, Esq.
- Marc J Scheiner, Esq., Philadelphia
- Matthew J. Schiller, Esq.
- Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP, Newarkis a Partner in Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP, in Newark, New Jersey, and leads the firm’s Leasing, Opportunity Zone and Distressed Real Estate Practice Groups. He represents clients in a wide range of transactional and litigation matters in New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and elsewhere, including the acquisition, disposition, leasing and management of all kinds of commercial properties including office, medical office, industrial, retail and multi-family developments. Since the enactment of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, he has developed significant experience in the formation and operation of Qualified Opportunity Funds and Qualified Opportunity Zone Businesses as well as the associated real estate transactional, leasing and development issues.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York and Connecticut, Mr. Schiller is a Fellow of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) and a member of the Board of Consultors of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section, where he is Past Chair. A lecturer for ICLE and other CLE providers, he co-authored the Leasing chapter in Commercial Real Estate Transactions in New Jersey (ICLE, 2019, 4th Edition). He is the recipient of several honors.
Mr. Schiller received his B.A., with honors, from Trinity College and his J.D. from Washington University (St. Louis) School of Law, where he served as Associate Managing Editor of the Washington University Journal of Law and Policy. He served as a law clerk to the Honorable Victor Ashrafi, New Jersey Superior Court, Somerset County, Law Division.
- Nicole Timpanaro
- Fortune Title Agency, Roseland
- Charles Wilkes, Esq.
- Murphy Schiller & Wilkes LLP, Newark
This popular annual NJICLE Conference will focus on timely topics in today’s challenging real estate market. It features many of the State’s most authoritative real estate attorneys and experts discussing the industry’s most current and critical issues. As an attendee, you will explore the latest information surrounding the residential and commercial real estate industries, as well as enhance your proficiency in tackling these issues.
Whether you’re a new attorney or a general practitioner who wants to better position yourself to handle real estate transactions or an experienced real estate attorney seeking enhance your skills, this must-attend conference is for you! Don’t miss the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of timely topics effecting real estate practitioners ...plus the Conference is being offered live and virtually for 2023!
Join us at the Law Center for a chance to network with your colleagues!
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/