Best of NJICLE Replay – Mortgage Foreclosure Update
Date: Sep 2, 2023 9:00 a.m. – 12:35 p.m.
Member Price: $190
Non-Member Price: $250
- Brian Kerins, Esq.
- Garden State Legal Services Corporation, Lawrenceville
- Maryann P. Flanigan, Esq.
- Legal Services Of New Jersey, Edison
- Dennis Patrick Uhlmann, Jr., Esq.
- Martone & Uhlmann, A Professional Corporation, Clifton
- Timothy Ziegler, Esq.
- Frenkel Lambert Weiss Wiesman & Gordon, West Orange
Best of NJICLE Replay
Don't miss this opportunity to catch up on the Mortgage Foreclosure Update program you missed!
This 2023 update provides you with an opportunity to gain a working knowledge of the current law and procedures to effectively represent homeowners or lenders involved in a mortgage foreclosure. Join us and hear about commons mistakes, misperceptions, faux pas of others. Learn about the correct ways to be best prepared and to properly present a mortgage foreclosure case in NJ in 2023.
Our replay will begin with a review of the basics of New Jersey foreclosure law, procedures, and related cases. After setting the foundation for the program, the panel will delve into a discussion of up-to-date issues including surplus funds, orders for additional sums, as well as the current status of the mortgage mediation program.
Join us as Michelle M. Smith, Clerk of the Superior Court of New Jersey, along with four NJ attorneys who specialize in mortgage foreclosure, review some of the most important developments in this area of law.
- Relevant Statutes
- The New Jersey Office of Foreclosure
- Pre-Foreclosure Services Available July 1
- JEDS v. E-court filing
- The Mortgage Foreclosure Procedure
- E-Filing for Foreclosure Actions
- Deficiency Actions
- Defenses to Foreclosure
- Surplus Funds
- Orders for Additional Sums
- Current Status of the Mortgage Mediation Program
- Practical Tips
- ….and more