Financial Issues in Divorce: Moderate to High Net Worth
Date: Mar 13, 2024 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location: New Jersey Law Center, New Brunswick and Online
Member Price: $165
Non-Member Price: $205
Section Price: $155
- Ash Ahluwalia
- One Team Financial, Cranford
- Greg Dillon
- One Team Financial, Cranford
- Sandra C. Fava, Esq.
- Fox Rothschild LLP, Morristownis a Partner in the Family Law Practice in the Morristown, New Jersey, office of Fox Rothschild LLP. A certified mediator, she often represents high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, corporate executives, professionals and business owners or their spouses in a variety of family law matters, from the negotiation of prenuptial agreements to separation and divorce proceedings, mediations and arbitrations, trials and post-judgment matters and appeals. She also represents clients in a full array of post-judgment matters, including property or marital settlement agreement enforcement, college contribution disputes, modifications of alimony or child support, and appeals from unfavorable judgments; and represents same-sex couples in complex and rapidly evolving areas of family law that include custody disputes between biological and non-biological parents and same-sex alimony, child support and asset distribution.
Admitted to practice in New Jersey, Ms. Fava is Past Chair of the Essex County Bar Association’s Family Law Committee, a Trustee of the Association, and a member of the New Jersey Association for Justice’s Family Law Section Committee and the Family Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also a member of the National Association of Professional Women and the CASA Board of Trustees, an Early Settlement Panelist for Essex and Morris Counties, and was appointed to the District XB Ethics Committee. She has lectured at continuing legal education seminars and is the recipient of several honors.
Ms. Fava received her B.A. from Rutgers University and her J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law. She was a law clerk to the Honorable Stephan B. Hansbury, Superior Court of New Jersey, Family Part, Morris County.
This program will cover the basic rules of Social Security planning and the myriad of changes impacting those in retirement. The panelists will discuss specific filing strategies and case examples to maximize eligible benefits so that filers do not leave any money on the table.
The Social Security benefits up for discussion include spousal, survivor, child, divorce, strategies unique to business owners, strategies for high-net-worth individuals and how to find your “Social Security Sweet Spot” (your optimal filing strategy).
This multi-faceted and informative program will also address why taxes are different in the working years versus retirement years and cover topics such as RMDs (required minimum distributions), Social Security and Medicare premiums, along with the common pitfalls and biggest mistakes retirees make in retirement.
Topics to be Discussed:
- Social Security for the high net worth
- Retirement strategies for high net worth
Important Information About Our Events, Meetings, and More:
To secure your spot and receive important updates about our events, meetings, and other gatherings, such as schedule changes, remember to register in advance.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
If you need to cancel your registration and are not transferring to another program or date, please submit a written request to us at least three business days before the event, meeting, or gathering. You will receive a refund minus a $20.00 cancellation fee. No refunds or registration changes will be issued within three business days of the event, meeting, or gathering.
Registered participants will be notified of any schedule changes. For updates regarding inclement weather, please check your email or visit NJSBA.com.
By participating in our events, meetings, or other gatherings, you agree to be photographed and/or recorded. Additionally, all media content captured during these gatherings will become the property of NJSBA. This content, including your image and name, may be used in our future promotional materials without additional consent or compensation.
Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy:
Read our Scholarship & Financial Assistance Policy and submit an Application here: https://njsba.com/njicle/cle-programs/scholarship/